•  
Advertise here

Touareg Off road in Dubai

Hi Everyone, is anyone of you have ever driven your Volkswagen Touareg for off road in Dubai sands? Me and my friend planning or rather thinking of making a trip next month for small sand off road session with family and followed with barbecue. Is it good idea to take VW Touareg or not, please help and advise your opinion. Thanks all.

Touareg is very capable offroad as proven in many Dakar Rally. I hope you and your friend is talking about the V8 and not V6 (which is ok and not that great). V8 ones are better off-road capable especially for sand. Just deflate to 15 psi and enter before it gets dark. If you have lifting suspension option, then lift the car to maximum height and and drive sensibly and not great stunt driving. Reason of avoiding stunt driving might damage the front or rear bumper as this is your stock condition car and not fitted with off-road bumper, however if you drive sober and decent i am sure it will go every where on reasonably sized dune and you can safely secure some good camping spot and enjoy. Also make sure to get mosquito repellent or oil lamp as in some part of UAE offroad, mosquito bite is very prominent and might cause some serious skin allergies. Have a good time.