•  
Advertise here

Cheap Plastic in some parts

I heard some parts in Ford Fiesta consist of cheap plastic material because of which the engine gets affected badly. Is it really true? Actually I am planning to buy for my small sister but don’t want her to get in trouble because of any failure in the car. Genuine reviews please.

Hey Hemesh. From wherever you heard, its true. The plastic caps covering the radiator in my car is made up of cheap plastic because of which the oil leaking was easy and my car went through badtimes. I have Fors fiesta from 4 years. And trust me, some of the cheap parts in the car destroyes the car performance badly.

• 4 weeks later...

Talking about the cheap plastic, i have an interesting story to tell you guys. I bought Ford Fiesta in 2012. My family loved this car and without any trouble, the car went smooth for good 6 months. I was happy so was my family. The problem started when I smelled a bad odor in my car. I opened the engine, and as Bradly shared, the plastic caps of the radiator were burnt already. There was a coolant leak from the car. I took my car to the dealer and they changed the complete radiator was it was completely changed. But please note, that the plastic covering the new radiator was again very cheap quality which I noticed after 4 months.

Not only didn’t that, after few months, the dash drawer at the passenger’s side lock properly. Reason if you ask, the plastic of dash was so cheap that the lock was half hanging out. Got that changed as well. After some days I noticed that the dash from the corner of the passenger front is broken when my niece was playing in there. I don’t blame my niece, as the dash was broken already and she was the one who made me notice the broken dash. I took my car to the dealer with an angry mood and blasted my voice out to them. And guess what they told me, they have to change the complete dash interior. I was like! I just bought this car! And the most interesting part was when they came to me with a sweet smile on their face and said, “Sir! The replacement of this will not be covered under the warranty, as the warranty doesn’t claim anything in interiors”. Somehow I managed to control my anger and left from there. I was so annoyed with my car that I sold my car to my cousin as he wanted a car urgently. Somehow he is surviving in this car now.