•  
Advertise here

Excessiove oil consumption: is it?

Is there excessive oil consumption in A8? Many friends of mine told me that it’s a common issue in A8. And I don’t want to opt for such a car which is heavy to maintain. Please share if you have the same car and if you think that this issue is genuine?

• 3 weeks later...

Well buying any luxury brand itself is designed n a manner where the oil consumption is much higher than other normal cars. A8 specifically doesnt come up with any issue with the consumption but yes! since you are planning to go for a luxury brand Audi, you will offcourse have big impact on your poclet.

• 9 months later...

Looks like there is some unsaid confusion here: Oil vs Petrol (fuel) consumption.

Oil should not get consumed in any car in the world unless it is a turbo motor. If Oil get consumed in non turbo car then there is something wrong with engine head gasket and for sure it's a big expense. And for normal Oil change (maintenance) Audi service advise to change oil every 15,000 Kms unless you are in very rough environment where it is advise to change at every 10-12k Kms.

Talking about fuel consumption, A8 will defintely have bigger apetite due to 8 cylinder motor and I am sure it's inline with any other 8 cylinder cars. In that segment for sure Audi is much better than other 8 cylinders like Japanese and American marquees still.