•  
Advertise here

Off-road performance!

How is this car on off-road? I mean I stay at such a place where the parking is off-road behind the villas. Will that affect the performance of this car? As I am planning to buy this, only issue is the off-road parking.

Cars My passion :mrgreen:  :ugeek:

If you like my above post, please press Like / Thanks on right side to help me increase my rating

• 2 years later...

If you are going for the new Pathfinder the lower version comes in a Front Wheel Drive which is not able to handle Off-Road, however the higher version is an AWD (All Wheel Drive) which is different than a 4WD ad even the Nissan showroom advises against taking it  off-road, however a little to medium sandy area should be fine The older Pathfinders' however are all equipped to handle the toughest of terrains and a sandy parking area would not be much for it to handle.

Wishing you all the very best for your new purchase and hope my advise answers your question.

• 2 years later...

Hi!

Is the 2016 Pathfinder capable of taking in the desert?

It only has Hill Descent Control, 2WD, Auto and Lock rotary knob, no separate 4H or 4LO gear. (it is an AWD model)

Thank you.

Easy to figure out with the new Nissans. If its not a Patrol or Armada. Then no. 

Also general rule of thumb for other cars is, if it looks like an egg with wheels then its most probably a no.

• Haha (+1) 4

5 hours ago, Kamran89 said:

Hi!

Is the 2016 Pathfinder capable of taking in the desert?

It only has Hill Descent Control, 2WD, Auto and Lock rotary knob, no separate 4H or 4LO gear. (it is an AWD model)

Thank you.

Unfortunately like @skumar83 and @desertdude pointed out its not possible to take the new Pathfinder for off road. Try to get a used old working proper 4x4. There will be a drive every week.