•  
Advertise here

Can anyone help with advice. We were using a PRO to get our elderly but low mileage Honda HRV serviced each year since we brought it to Dubai 3+ years ago and discovered that they hadn't been doing anything but the most minor services, apart from replacing the engine mountings last year. They never alerted us to any problems with the brakes. The car broke down at the beginning of September and we had it collected by A2B garage in Dubai who told us that the brake calipers had seized and would have to be replaced as well as the brakes, an expensive job. 

We agreed to get things moving but they said that it would take 2 - 3 weeks as the parts weren't available here in Dubai and would have to be ordered from Honda in Japan. We've had to hire a care for almost two and a half months now and every time I call A2B (they never call me, or return my calls even when they promise they will), they say the parts haven't arrived. Eventually, I rang the Honda dealer in Dubai who said it would only take 10-15 days to get these parts, so I informed A2B of this. They said it turned out the first shipment hadn't been sent for some unknown reason but that another shipment had been sent and was on its way. That was over two weeks ago and still nothing. When I called again today they said that they don't have anything to do with the people who supply them with parts other than to order parts.

Has anyone got any advice or feedback on what we should do? Is the Honda agent very expensive, or should we just get them to pick up the car and sort it out?

Many thanks in anticipation!