How to use Carnity - Car Enthusiast's Community? (Do's)
Need help: Your car is broken? You suspect something is not right? You doubt if that suggested repair is rightfully needed? Or just need an opinion on your next car buy?
- ASK: Actively Seeking Knowledge, after all everything starts from asking.
- Keep it simple, easy and to the point.
- Feel free to ask anything related to Cars in Carnity.com, nothing is stupid or OMG here.
- Be descriptive and specific about your car concern or topic to eliminate any guess work.
- Post in right car brand and model to be more effective and relevant for people to help you.
- Start with basic details about your car first by sharing its health, km's, age, symptoms, etc.
- Share your problem with as much as details as you can: Images, Videos, sound clips etc.
- Post your new topic and wait for others to start helping you.
- To increase your chance of being helped, share your topic on social media or with your friends and family.
- Once people start advising you, take what is necessary and leave what is not.
- Feel free to discuss and counter question, as you will learn more information by this reactive behavior.
- Remember it's a free help in today's busy world, so don't force other to reply "now" or "make it fast". Keep it simple and take it easy.
- Thread-jacking is most irritating in communities, so don't post your problem in someone's else problem. Be nice and make a new topic.
- Raise your tolerance considering you are dealing with a multi-cultural platform.
- Once you are satisfied with the help, please thank the members, like their post and mark as solved or hit the best answer.
Like to help: Are you a real community contributor? Really want to help people in trouble? Want to share your knowledge and experiences?
- Gauge the poster's knowledge first before talking technical jargon's.
- Help with whatever you can, sometimes half help is better than no help.
- Suggest possible alternate to give them a reasonable choice within the permitted time frame.
- Don't take it personally, if someone doesn't like your advice or idea be open-minded and move on.
- Don't assume, if a problem is not clear. Better discuss and get the facts straight before you offer a solution.
- Feel free to quote other post's and website's reference links than copy pasting the whole content.
- Provide solutions with pictures, video or diagrams to be relevant and more specific (if you can).
- Share your experiences of good or bad workshops, spare part dealers, Do it yourself projects.
- Share your custom projects with timeline, pictures, costing, before & after comparison.
- Write a review about your own car, it's awesomeness or its performance.
- Real knowledge is never wasted, so share as much experiences and knowledge as you can.
How to NOT to use Carnity - Car Enthusiast's Community? (Don't)
You must not use the Forum or any part of Carnity for any content that:
- breaks any local, national or international law or which incites or encourages others to break any law;
- is racist, sexist or homophobic or otherwise discriminatory;
- is pornographic, obscene, profane, vulgar, or contains swearing (including words which use * or any other symbols instead of a letter to make the profanity less obvious);
- is defamatory of any person, business, entity, government, country or any organization;
- is persistently abusive, threatening, repeatedly a cause of nuisance or annoyance or otherwise illegal towards other Forum users.
- is otherwise offensive in our reasonable opinion;
- infringes the rights (including but not limited to the intellectual property rights) of any person or for any legal entity;
- relates to the conduct of a business;
- includes advertising, promoting other clubs/groups/websites or is soliciting business, including back links or spamming;
- Impersonates, or attempts to impersonate another person, whether or not that person is a user of this forum.
- infringes the privacy of an individual or company, including (but not limited to) posting location and/or contact details of another person without their consent;