•  

Offroad Vehicle Insurance

SUNIL KUMAR

Dear Team 

Can anyone advise me about the vehicle insurance during off road activities , As we are going off road & would like to have off road coverage , I checked with my car insurance company they provide offroad but with in a 2.0 KM radius not beyond that , so please advise if any comapny provide this type of insurance , Thanks in advance

Sunil 

055-9953086

• Like (+1) 2

If you go with insurance companies such as RSA, AXA and Oman to name a few they don't mention such clause of 500m or 2 km from the road as the coverage area for your vehicle. The only clause they mention that your vehicle should not be involved in any kind of racing, competition, desert safari activities, which does not happen in Carnity.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Just to add here... I have insurance with AXA, its called Motor Perfect

Link to handbook can be found here https://online.axa-gulf.com/cmsfiles/Motor Perfect T&C_UAE_EN.pdf

Refer Page 19 of 36 - Off Road Cover

h. Off Road Cover If You have a comprehensive Policy, Your Policy is extended to cover loss or damage to the Insured Vehicle whilst being driven off road. PROVIDED THAT: i. YOUR CAR HAS FOUR WHEEL DRIVE CAPABILITY ii. YOU ARE NOT PARTICIPATING IN A COMPETITIVE EVENT OR RACE OF ANY KIND

I double checked and triple checked with my broker and they repeatedly said there is no limiting clause.

Until , we actually make a claim, i am really not sure what these guys will come up with :-)

• Well Done (+2) 1

11 minutes ago, Srikumar said:

AXA, RSA and Oman honor they claims without much issues. That's why it's worth paying the premium of these insurances over others.

And plus their premium is 2-5% extra than the cheapest, crapiest, million asterisk insurance provider.

AXA, RSA and Oman all are good, just compare quotes and go ahead with any.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

7 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

And plus their premium is 2-5% extra than the cheapest, crapiest, million asterisk insurance provider.

AXA, RSA and Oman all are good, just compare quotes and go ahead with any.

And these days with Beema you get Axa cover with almost the same price as the useless ones...trying it for first time, coverage is any case by Axa so i think a good option. 

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, varunmehndiratta said:

And these days with Beema you get Axa cover with almost the same price as the useless ones...trying it for first time, coverage is any case by Axa so i think a good option. 

Directly with AXA is still cheaper than Beema, if you have no claim for few years.

Beema, never recognized or pass on the no claim discount in my quote, which was close to 20% difference. Not once, but twice, one time for third party and other was comprehensive quote.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

1 hour ago, Sunil Mathew said:

Just to add here... I have insurance with AXA, its called Motor Perfect

Link to handbook can be found here https://online.axa-gulf.com/cmsfiles/Motor Perfect T&C_UAE_EN.pdf

Refer Page 19 of 36 - Off Road Cover

h. Off Road Cover If You have a comprehensive Policy, Your Policy is extended to cover loss or damage to the Insured Vehicle whilst being driven off road. PROVIDED THAT: i. YOUR CAR HAS FOUR WHEEL DRIVE CAPABILITY ii. YOU ARE NOT PARTICIPATING IN A COMPETITIVE EVENT OR RACE OF ANY KIND

I double checked and triple checked with my broker and they repeatedly said there is no limiting clause.

Until , we actually make a claim, i am really not sure what these guys will come up with :-)

I have the same cover for my Jeep and I have been with AXA for more than 15 years now (not for off road), never had an issue to in honouring the claims generally.

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use