•  
Advertise here

Go-Kart Advice

Hello motorsports frenetics,

I’m wondering if any of you have experience in go-karts. I’m basically looking to buy one for my 7 years old son.

I looked up online and found some good priced used karts, i believe for his age a bambino kart would be a bit small or might be used for just few month before he gets bored. I found one with 125 rotax max engine set up for mini max with only 2h on the engine.

I understood that it can be easily swapped to micro max set up to match his age group, can you please confirm on that? Also what would the conversion likely to cost.

Doing some research online, these 2 stroke engines requires a top end rebuild every 20-25 hours and a complete overhaul after 40-50 hours. Any idea on how much would this cost? What other maintenance should I take into account and how much it is likely to cost.

Any particular advice? Where to start? Etc…

Perhaps starting off with a stupid question: 

- Where will he drive it ?

I do remember these 2-stroke engines need indeed a lot of attention and regular rebuild. It’s an expensive hobby, that’s why most people just use the ones available on the circuit (rental). 

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Yeah I agree, I found out it is better to register him in the karting academy, he drives the karts available in the circuit and gets trained on maintaining the kart.

Will see how it goes, if he kept that much interest, I will consider buying him one.

Basically he will drive it in motorcity kartdrome circuit. 

• Like (+1) 1