Advertise here

FJ roof bars

Good morning everyone.

I have purchased new FJ and planning to get roof bars fixed. I need some advise about from where to get it fixed, what brand is good. Also i want to know if fixing  roof bars will increase the noise in day to day drive? 

I will appreciate your inputs about this.

Cheers !

Atul

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, AtulR said:

Good morning everyone.

I have purchased new FJ and planning to get roof bars fixed. I need some advise about from where to get it fixed, what brand is good. Also i want to know if fixing  roof bars will increase the noise in day to day drive? 

Cheers !

Atul

Hi @AtulR! Many FJ cruisers come with the standard roof bars like this:

File:Toyota-FJ-Cruiser-2.jpg - Simple English Wikipedia, the free ...

Are these the ones you will install, or are you talking about something like this:

These are crossbars that you can mount on the original roof rack system.

Roof rack crossbar mod: 3 is stronger than 1 (pics) - Page 3 - Toyota ...

There are plenty aftermarket options brands like Thule, Rhinorack, and few others.

• Like (+1) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

2 hours ago, AtulR said:

Good morning everyone.

Cheers !

Atul

Atul,

depending on what you plan to use the roof rack for you have different options.

Should you plan to carry serious weight then look at the backbone style roof racks provided by Rhino roof rack and Front Runner (see photos below).

They spread the weight over a greater area and attach using the standard roof holes as well as having a higher load rating.

If you are getting serious about off roaring make sure you look at the Offroad load rating from these manufacturers as it is different to the onroad load rating.

You can also purchase similar designs which are copies from many of the 4x4 fab shops in Dubai which are cheaper but they may not be rated to the same weights as the official manufacturers.

The backbone style roof racks tend to be quieter then the standard racks (depending on how you fit them) and you can also attach a wind deflector to reduce noise if need be

IMG_9974.jpeg

IMG_9973.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1