Advertise here

Pajero 2010 slipping into neutral

Hi All,

Looking for some advice on a current issue.

After driving my Pajero 3.5 GLS 2010 for over 90 mins, the car will slip into neutral, with both the D & N lights illuminated on the dash, gear lever stays in situ, if i then select N and back to D whilst driving, this cures the problem for a matter of seconds or minutes, this can happen 4 or 5 times but will then usually run ok for 5-10 mins before happening again.

If i allow the car to cool down, it runs just fine. Strangely the issue only happens after roughly 90 mins of continuous driving. I've changed the transmission mounts and fluid in the hope this might help but to no avail.

Any ideas here on what the issue could be?

Many Thanks

• Sad (0) 1

43 minutes ago, davidsevan said:

Hi All,

Looking for some advice on a current issue.

After driving my Pajero 3.5 GLS 2010 for over 90 mins, the car will slip into neutral, with both the D & N lights illuminated on the dash, gear lever stays in situ, if i then select N and back to D whilst driving, this cures the problem for a matter of seconds or minutes, this can happen 4 or 5 times but will then usually run ok for 5-10 mins before happening again.

If i allow the car to cool down, it runs just fine. Strangely the issue only happens after roughly 90 mins of continuous driving. I've changed the transmission mounts and fluid in the hope this might help but to no avail.

Any ideas here on what the issue could be?

Many Thanks

Sounds like you need a visit to the mechanic mate 😓

Edited by PETELCZYC PAJERO - luke
Typos

Searching online seems that’s a common problem with the inhibitor switch located underneath the car next to the transfer box. 

If you mechanic suggested to replace the transmission mounts to resolve the issue, then I would really suggest you find another one as it seems he doesn’t know what he is doing!! It is like replacing your wiper blade because the wipers aren’t moving.

• Haha (+1) 1