•  
Advertise here

remote keys

I have a 2002 QX4 i have just lost my remote keys and now want a new one.

If I buy a new key and remote on EBAY will I be able to program these for my QX4, or will it be a waste of money

The dealer is charging me around 3000 dhs for me to buy these and then have them programmed which i find it tooo expensive

please advice

thanks

Find a guy first in shj who can program it for couple of hundred, and then buy it. And make sure key you buy over Ebay check the spec it suits your spec of car.

I assume your must be US spec QX4, then buy US spec key only and it will work for sure if you find someone suitable to program it.

• 1 month later...
I have a 2002 QX4 i have just lost my remote keys and now want a new one.

If I buy a new key and remote on EBAY will I be able to program these for my QX4, or will it be a waste of money

The dealer is charging me around 3000 dhs for me to buy these and then have them programmed which i find it tooo expensive

please advice

thanks

for 3000 i doubt they mean the remote, they probably mean the key with the ignition port. you might want to double check on that. as for programing no one besides the dealer can program an OEM key/remote besides the dealer.

Key programming used to be a GREAT GOD GIFTED HEAVENLY BLESSING coming only from stealers oops dealers.

But not any more. Many duplicate key making guys do the programming as well. I got one for 250 aed in burjuman parking with shop named 23 minutes or 25 minutes (cant remember correctly).