Advertise here

Where do I go to lease a LR 3 or 4 in Dubai?

Hi folks, by way of a quick introduction, my husband, myself and our family are moving to Dubai in a few weeks and planning to stay for a couple of years.

We presently live in Australia and drive a Discovery 3 (AKA "LR 3" I think?). We love our car to bits and want to drive another Disco while in Dubai. I am presently trying to work out costs for negotiation with our employer and have been trying to find a company via the web that deals with mid-term car leases (ie 2 years or so) so I can get an estimate.

Does anyone know of a company that leases Land Rovers that they can refer me to?

Does anyone else out there know how much it would cost to lease a Discovery 3 or 4 (LR 3 or 4) in Dubai per month?

Many thanks in advance.

Hey Disco girl, when are we going to disco. :lol::lol: Just kidding.

very nice ID.

About your requirement, knowing Dubai about 10 years your chances are very minimal in renting such specialize car but again there are chances as you need for 2 years commitment.

Idea 1:

Write a mail and copy to all te following rent a car company, i hope some might assist you as an exception as none them would have this in there fleet. But when you need for 2 good years they might get attracted.

Hertz, Budget rent a car, Dimaonlease, Sixt, fastuae, discount rent a car, thrity, avis, dollar.

Idea 2:

Write same mail to Al Tayer or Al tayer rent a car division (if it exists). Al tayer is the sole dealer of Land Rover in UAE.

Idea 3:

Drive any rent a car for 1 month and then buy LR3 on bank loan, and when you leave you can sell it. It's depreciation will cost you MUCH LESS than monthly rental.

Thanks guys.

And Victor, if you saw me dance, you would run a mile! I dance like I have Tourette's, LOL. :oops:

Appreciate your advice (and the invitation, Pete). You've made some very salient points Victor. We kind of didn't want to be encumbered with a car that we had to sell at the end of the assignment. But financially, it might be the way around it. Took a look on souk.com last night to try and work out the prices. Gosh, so confusing. There seem to be so many different models to what we have in Oz. Or maybe they are just different names :? . Can't wait to get over there, get settled and sort it all out. At the moment we are still negotiating $$ with hubbie's employer, so moving slowly forward...

Once again, thanks for your ideas and input.

:)

• 6 months later...

I bought my tires from the garage on Al Khail Road - the guy was really helpful and knowledgeable and I got a great deal (I posted about it - will try to find the post for you).

I cant find the post now, but I remember the man's name was Mr Baptist. If youre coming from Sharjah towards Abu Dhabi on the Al Khail Road, its the garage just before the first roundabout you get to (the one just after the Nad Al Sheba exit). I got 4 new Michelin tyres for my Landcruiser for 2400dhs - previous quotes for similartyres were rocking around the 4 - 5K mark... And they chucked in free fitting, wheel alignment and balancing as well and did it all whilst I waited!