Advertise here

Anyone using 265/75/16

VCO

Hi

still looking for the tyre

I tried to find 275/70/16 Dueler D694 but no luck only think I found is Toyo OP /DH I heard that they are good for desert but I'm not sure about the wadis.

so I checked Cooper Atr its only available in 265/70/16 or 265/75/16

has anyone using 265/75/16? they are even bigger than 275/70 so I assume more trimming nrequired but what else

wll they work just with camel cut ?

Thanks

Hi VCO, i run Cooper 265/75R16 on my disco 2 with a 2" lift and no touching, i run BFG 285/75R16 on my disco 1 with 2" lift + camel cut + rear door cut + 4.10 re gearing

both options work well

wow 285/75 R16 :shock:

but 265/75R16 will work well wirthout any re gearing right ?

Are you happy with the Coopers?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi VCO, I have bought as well a Disco 1 1999 Model and put on it Michelin Latitude 265/70/R16 tiers. The only Mod I was obliged to do is Camel Cut for rear fenders. Yet if your Desert Drives are on very rough and over spoilt sand this will make your car bottom up from time to time specially with strong climbing hills (large big dunes) as you need more speed and momentum. Other disadvantage is steering as you have bigger wheels it becomes a bit much difficult for fast maneuvering and parking, especially that you rub your radius arm of your right wheel when turning full lock to the right. Might need stopper adjustment. Otherwise, everything is good and perfect. Didn't opt yet for any lift kit but most important thing to start with for your car is Recovery points for Front and back as it is very important for Off-roading. Maybe we need to meet on one of the Drives. I attend Emirates 4x4 Club Drives on several occasions and it is pretty fun, yet looking for more Landy Company as I have 4 other Club Member Friends in a RR and 2 LR 1, and a Defender ....

Hi VCO, I have bought as well a Disco 1 1999 Model and put on it Michelin Latitude 265/70/R16 tiers. The only Mod I was obliged to do is Camel Cut for rear fenders. Yet if your Desert Drives are on very rough and over spoilt sand this will make your car bottom up from time to time specially with strong climbing hills (large big dunes) as you need more speed and momentum. Other disadvantage is steering as you have bigger wheels it becomes a bit much difficult for fast maneuvering and parking, especially that you rub your radius arm of your right wheel when turning full lock to the right. Might need stopper adjustment. Otherwise, everything is good and perfect. Didn't opt yet for any lift kit but most important thing to start with for your car is Recovery points for Front and back as it is very important for Off-roading. Maybe we need to meet on one of the Drives. I attend Emirates 4x4 Club Drives on several occasions and it is pretty fun, yet looking for more Landy Company as I have 4 other Club Member Friends in a RR and 2 LR 1, and a Defender ....

I've asked couple of places and couldn't find Cooper atr 265/75/16 then a tyre shop recommended 275/70/16 (the size I was looking for at first place) Yokohama Geolander At/s

and when I searched the net I found cuple of very good reviews and recommendatin for these tyre so I will give it a chance

the shop is asking for 2600 so I'll ask a few other shops as well

Rear recovery points are fine but in front 1 is missing. I need to find a place and weld an iron bar (or whatever suitable)

What us the website for Emirates 4x4 club ?

agree more landies will definitely be fun

VCO website is www.emarat4x4.com

If you can make it this Friday it would be fantastic . Hope to see you soon and exchange some ideas about cars mods. In fact still looking for a Bull Guard but then I think it is better to invest in a skid plate with proper recovery points and yet used as Jacking Point. Because lately one of the Hooks I installed got broken while trying to recover the car from Fossil Rock to main road ( Starter burnt and Car never started):)