•  
Advertise here

defender stalling ocassionally

Ocassionally i am experiencing that while driving, all of sudden rpm drops to idle and car throttle is dead. Pull over to side start the car two - three times and its throttle is back alive.

Is there anything wrong with throttle sensor / relay /throttle itself??? Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks guys.

• 2 weeks later...

I had similar situation just yesterday while on a desret drive my Disco 1 1999 model 3.9 L V8 had stalled off and disn't want to start immidiatly checked everything but nothing then we checked the distributure and unpluged and pluged cables and it started again but yet it is not accelerating and then started misfiring and and not coping with petrol injection !!! And by chance met a convoy of 3 Freelanders and the guys are from LR techincal team in Dubai and they helped me to repair the Distributor as they found the Vaccum pulled appart with one screw missing and Rotor need to be changed as well as the Distributor Cap in simple words NEED REBUILD or Change with a Used One in good working condition!!!

• 1 month later...