Advertise here

Starting seatbelt chimesssssss

Anyone know here how i can make quite start so that i dont hear 10 seatbelt chime every morning when i start the car.

No matter how much i try to wear seat belt and then start the engine, but when you are late every morning, first thing i like to do is start the car so that it can warm up in next 30 seconds by the time i adjust my belognings and wear seat belt.

I am ready to pay 100 dhs for right advise if i can make this seatbelt starting chime STOP....... Hope this generous offer make some interest. lolol. Jokes apart, please help guys, if anyone know the solution.

Before I give you any advise I want to give you a disclaimer, you use this information at your own risk. Know that the seat belt sensor is there for SAFETY PURPOSES and I will not be liable on how you use my suggestion.

Theory:

The chime sounds when "it feels weight" on the seat but the seat belt is not plugged. So if it were me I will locate the sensor on the seat and disable it.

Mr. Teddy. Good guess. But i know what rangerover is talking about.

In Range Rover whenever you start car, whether you are sitting on driver seat or standing outside with door open it gives 10 chimes for reminding you to fasten seat belt. After those 10 chime it doesnt make any noise whether you remove belt at any speed......!

Mr. Teddy. Good guess. But i know what rangerover is talking about.

In Range Rover whenever you start car, whether you are sitting on driver seat or standing outside with door open it gives 10 chimes for reminding you to fasten seat belt. After those 10 chime it doesnt make any noise whether you remove belt at any speed......!

If that's the case then, rangerover will really just have to bear with it because aside from that he either just needs to take out the speakers somewhere or get an ear muffler so he doesn't hear anything, Of course, all of these is not a good idea.

• 2 weeks later...

EASY FIX

Start car, connect and disconnect seat belt nine times, recycle ignition

Now only light shows in dash but no chimes

At Your Own Risk

I have done this as I work on a compound and am forever in and out of the car during my shift - but have mental switching so that as I go out gate normal 'belt-up' required

Hi,

I hope this EASY FIX also works for Discovery!! I have the same issue as rangerover!! But mine is even more critical once it doesn't stop until I buckle up!! I've seen the rear of a instrument pannel and there's a small speaker that emits the chimes. You can disconnect this but you will loose all the other chimes/alerts!

DO NOT disconnect the sensor underneath the seat!! This sensor also works for the airbag and in case of collision the airbag will not deploy once the system does not know if there is anyone seating there or not!!!

Regards,