Jump to content

Looper

Members
  • Posts

    5,197
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    99
  • Country

    India
  • Carnity Points

    101 [ Donate ]

Everything posted by Looper

  1. Please make sure that you have exited the drive in the Tread app. I am reusing the drive link today. But make sure you exit out of the drive.
  2. Once again let me remind you that this drive has a potential of a lot of quick twists and turns and while we will fight G-Force, we will respect Gravity. We start at Faya and end the drive at Tilal Sweihan near the Fuel Station. We will wage our fight on the G-Force on Ch 2.
  3. I would ask you to look for the low-tech options while off-roading. I would defiantly stay away from too many electronics. They simply don't work in the high stress situations. The 4x4 fail, they won't get into low gear or get in and just stay in low gear and refuse to move. At 250k budget you can look for a Jeep - I can confirm that you can take one directly from the showroom to the dessert no mods needed - If I want to go for it now, then I will go for a Sport version of, not Rubicon. Because Rubicon was meant for the rock crawling specifically. The gearing on the Sport is better for desert. Sahara is a more well anointed Sport - but meant for mall crawling and you might need to change the wheels in sometime in the future. you have the option of 2 door or 4 door. I were to buy one now I will get a 4 door. The quality of the Jeeps have been slightly suspect lately but still manageable and a large community of Jeep drivers everywhere here. edit: only issue brand new Jeep is you will break the rear bumper without a lift: 2 door on the first drive but 4 door will last a few. That is why people like fitted out cars such as @Batuhan Kulac suggests in the next post. One more option similar to the Jeep is Ford Bronco if you need a more modern take on the Jeep. Though Jeep was refreshed for 2024 I still think Bronco is more modern in relation to features. But it has more electronics than I would feel comfortable. Haven't seen many in the desert still though so most they are put to use on road. More in the Ford family you can look at the Rangers the younger brother of F150s. On the retro end you can look at Super Safari Y61. Many swear by the capability of this beast - a no nonsense beast at that which aged like fine wine. It is old mind you, so no bells and whistles - but reliable as well as cozy comfortable on the road even at high speeds. Definitely more aerodynamic than a cow. Toyota Prado 2024 may come across as slightly under powered. I would not comment on it. The big brother in the LC300 EX trim is also can be a great option. But I hate the centre console in them. My final take on the subject: Check out everything you are suggested and finally go buy a Jeep in your budget.
  4. Guys I want to do an experiment. If possible, can you guys install "Garmin Tread" app on your phones - I will set up a group ride on my phone and all the members who have the Tread app installed on your phones can join the group drive I will create on my phone. Thanks in advance...
  5. @Glenn W, @ChrisW, @Mahesh_, @Frans M, @Juan R, @Deepak Eswar, @Sherry Jacob, @Michael asir, @RiadJL, @Mike M., @Batuhan Kulac Thank you all for signing up for the drive. It is going to be a roller costar, with a lot of twists and turns at least at the start of the drive. Later on, when we move though the Northside of the dunes to Tilal Swaihan it will be a technical drive. we are tired and feel like done with it we will move north to drive through some flatter dunes to quickly move to complete the drive. Meeting Time published is the start of the briefing unless otherwise stated, which means you should have deflated and ready by this time for the briefing. We will complete briefing and start the drive in 15 min max. Please take into consideration the time you need for deflation of tires, setting up flag and camera gear etc. and arrive earlier accordingly. It is inconsiderate to make others wait while you setup your car.
  6. I would suggest you join one of the drives and get a feel of it . Driving alone or without experienced team would be inadvisable
  7. And you signed up for both.!! You were my anchor driving partner when I started leading. You used to join drive posted by a different lead every week and find me at the front. I used to wonder how you felt. Now it’s turn for someone else to have your august company.
  8. Congratulations @Michael asir on your promotion. See you this Saturday.
  9. Congratulations @Abdullah A. on your promotion. A veteran of the website, from before it became off-roading centric, good to see you in action.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use