Advertise here

What a beauty!

nutbolt

My uncle used to own the 500SEL back in 1982 and his number plate was A 242. I still remember it, we used to go to Abu Dhabi, Al Ain and most long drives in this beauty. My other uncle in 1984 than bought the 280SE. The good old days.

And yes @nutbolt this guy has kept it in pristine condition.

Another few favorites of mine used to be the Chevy Caprice Classic, Ford Crown Victoria and the Buick Park Avenue.

The last era of properly built mercs. I used to own a 190E of similar vintage. Fantastic thing. It was like driving a sailboat on the road, just wafting along. Before I came to UAE I was asked to restore a 2 door 500 SEC but I never got around to it. I can only imagine if you had one back in the day it would have been something pretty special. It still is something pretty special today but now it's within reach of the ordinary working man. I love old mercs, have worked on and restored many of them including pagodas, fintail saloons, pontons, 600 SEL with the famous 6.3 V12 engine (had air suspension before it was cool!) 190 SLs, even an original 300 SL Gullwing. One of my favourites was a W114. Half way through the rebuild just after the bodywork was finished, the owner decided he wanted to fit a rollcage, racing seats and full running gear from a 190E Cosworth. That was a fun car!

wow, this is really nice looking classic. I too remember sitting in similar old merc outside UAE, that has spring based seats that keep on supporting you while on turns. Amazingly simple but effective concept, why newer cars doesn't come with these simple but effective features than tons of electronic gizmos that dies sooner than expected.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Love these old Merc, although my fav in this gen is the 560SEC coupe. You can buy these in pristine condition imported from Japan in Ras Al Khoor

Just one of the many available for sale there 

Mercedes-Benz 560 SEL

https://www.dubicars.com/1990-mercedes-benz-560-sel-53567.html