•  
Advertise here

2019 Jeep Wrangler - Front Propeller Shaft Replacement

So at the most recent service we were advised by agency that the front prop shaft is showing signs of wear on the 2019 Wrangler.  Not unexpected due to the lift.

Questions do we wait for failure and replace / upgrade or look for an aftermarket upgrade now.  Agency does not have it in stock now and looking for almost 6k

any recommendations on which aftermarket to go for.

Next what else should be replaced when doing this.

IMG_1969.jpeg

What is the lift on your vehicle?

Typically the drive shafts can tolerate a bit of lift, like in my XJ I have a 2.5 inch lift and the drive shaft has been working fine for the last 6 years. But I did drop my TC a bit a to reduce the angle.

@Srikumar hey! This is my 2018 Jeep wrangler. It’s got a 2.5 inch lift. It is Trading Enterprises afterall that mentioned about this prop shaft showing significant wear. 

• Gaurav changed the title to 2019 Jeep Wrangler - Front Propeller Shaft Replacement

Yes for sure bad angle due to lift is the number one reason for driveshaft failure or fatigue.

Drive shaft failure was a known issue in the Jeep Wrangler JK models (not so much on JL) and those owners upgraded to heavy-duty aftermarket shafts. Terraflex, Rough Country, Hurricane and Revolution are some brands u can search on the same line if you need to spend 6k. They might cost u less.

• Sad (0) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

• 4 weeks later...

My Jeep 392 drive started making abnormal noise and when i got it checked with Trading Enterprise service centre, they advised me to use aftermarket since my car is lifted 3 inch. I am going for an heavy duty after market. Let's see how the car behaves after this mod.