Advertise here

Moving to Dubai - Offroad Community

Hello,

Moving to Dubai in a couple of months, and with that anticipation, looking to find a new home in the offroad community. I have 8 years of experience and volunteer as a Trail Guide to assist others and build their knowledge. Most of my experience is rock-like terrain, therefore dunes will be a new adrenaline rush. Looking to meet new people and make some friends in the industry, eventually get into racing...

Since Dubai will be new to me... any recommendations on where to start?

• Like (+1) 2

Hi @TheGuardianJLU welcome to Carnity and its off-road club, I am sure you will enjoy it here in Dubai, as it offers great outdoor exploration with varied terrain around the country. Desert and sand experience is a lot less intense than rock-crawling but equally exciting and filled with adrenaline and a lot more forgiving than mountains. UAE has more sand and less of mountains now, as most rocky-terrains are either restricted or converted to sedan-friendly drive.

We do host overlanding and mountain scenic drives occasionally, where you can enjoy the home-like feel and also we can learn more from your vast experience heading the Nova Jeepers (nicely organized club).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Welcome to Dubai, soon. I stay in Al Qudra, close to desert. We have a small group within our community. There are many communities in Qudra, closest being D2. I am sure you will have fun driving in desert and dine bashing. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

Thank you @Gaurav and @Vijay Vaidya, looking forward to it.

One of the reasons they close certain terrains or trails is due to the public not being aware of Tread Lightly principles. Happy to pass on knowledge I've learned over the years. We conduct 9 hours of guide work in the mountains to teach Members to grow and develop leadership skills under pressure. I have found it's the best way to grow the offroad community, and keep Members safe.

Until then... I'll keep roaming around this forum, just got full access. Thanks for the warm welcome.

• Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

15 hours ago, TheGuardianJLU said:

Hello,

Moving to Dubai in a couple of months, and with that anticipation, looking to find a new home in the offroad community. I have 8 years of experience and volunteer as a Trail Guide to assist others and build their knowledge. Most of my experience is rock-like terrain, therefore dunes will be a new adrenaline rush. Looking to meet new people and make some friends in the industry, eventually get into racing...

Since Dubai will be new to me... any recommendations on where to start?

Welcome to the world of sand Dunes, the empty quarter is one of the most vibrant desert in the world. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1