Advertise here

Car is jerking / vibrating

Massimo

Dear Forum

since a few weeks my discovery (model 2004) doesn't run smoothly and since 2 days its getting really worse.

Fasttrack said that I should visit Al Tayer and let them do a computer check-up.

Furthermore they said that I have probably a problem with spark plugs or ignition coil.

Does this above problem sound familiar to anybody?

PS the problem started after my starter broke and fasttrack guys were helping me by organizing a starter from Sharjah and installed it - I don't think it has something to do with the above problem.

Thanks for an answer!

they could have knocked a Lead off when they fitted the starter, or maybe an earthing problem, could also be MAF sensor as a common failure on the disco, dont take it to Al Tayer they will charge you 000,000,000,000 take it to A 2 B or AAA workshops much better prices

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Doc! I am very happy; I brought my car to A2B; they changed the spark plugs, air filter and a plug lead for total 990 AED and everything seems to be fine now. They recommended furthermore to do a big service in 5-8000 kilometers in reply to my question for the price he said ~1000AED - I was remembering that Al Tayer was telling 2500AED on the phone...

Thank you!

Thanks Doc! I am very happy; I brought my car to A2B; they changed the spark plugs, air filter and a plug lead for total 990 AED and everything seems to be fine now. They recommended furthermore to do a big service in 5-8000 kilometers in reply to my question for the price he said ~1000AED - I was remembering that Al Tayer was telling 2500AED on the phone...

Thank you!

you're most welcome Massimo, now with the money you saved go and by a tent and bring the disco off road this weekend camping, this is where the landy feels at home, in the mountain, there will be a couple of landies going and family.

give me a call if your fancy it 0501703053