•  
Advertise here

Immobilizer key word

Hi All,

Anyone have an immobilizer fitted Mazda which needed a key word to be provided for additional key programming?

Galadari will not support this for me as my Miata is an import.. so I wondered if anyone else has had to go through this and how you solved it?

To be clear, I just need the key word, I think I can configure the key myself with that.

Many thanks

I think they can cut the key, but it is a just key without immobilizer chip. Even if it had the chip, I would still need the Key Word to program it. Those keys are only good to open the doors and trunk, but will not start the car.

If you have 2 or more existing keys you dont need the key word, but if you only have 1 key the process is very different. Of course the agency are useless on the subject.

There are some US sites (Keylessride) who say they can provide the Key Word, but they didnt get back to me yet.

Update on this, the locksmiths had all the equipment, but they couldnt access my car through the ODB to clone the transponder..

They want to remove the immobilizer chip and read it directly, this seems too high risk for me, so ill leave it. Having one key is a lower risk than someone messing around with my immobilizer I reckon.