Advertise here

Transfer Case Oil

Check up in other brands like Nissan, Kia, etc. For the transfer case, the Mitsubishi brand oil is not as critical unlike the ATF. And if your owner manual specifies GL3 or GL4 stick to that only. The GL5 has some sulfur additives that can damage brass components in your transfer case. 

Alternatively, if your owner manual says 75W90 is acceptable then I would recommend Redline 75W90 GL4 full synthetic.  They have got some excellent reviews. Each litre would cost you approx AED 60 - 65.

• Like (+1) 4
  • WOW (+2) 1

The owners manual mentioned 75W-85 GL3 or GL4... I checked with Redline and the salesperson was saying that I can use the 75-90 GL4....but I am not sure if It is safe to do it

Thank you so much @Srikumar

Screenshot_20201221-115631~2.png

• Like (+1) 2

Can you check with the Mitsubishi dealer and find out from them if 75W-90 is acceptable. The difference between the two grades is that 75W-90 would have more kinematic viscosity at 100 deg. C.

I feel as a first option you should try to get the same grade of oil from other car manufacturer brands like mentioned in the earlier post. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Call Mobil 1 service center in shj, something like crystal service center close to old troy university signal (now al durrah).

I suffered same two years back and Mobil 1 has exact spec.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you @Srikumar and @Gaurav, i appreciated your help. I went to BMW road and checked almost all the shops and most of them does not have it. However, few shops had it (e.g Ford) but they did not want to sell it to me after they asked for which car i need it. And lots of garages were ready to put any oil.

Finally, i found one in Redline same type and grade (attached photos), hopefully this one will be ok. 

IMG_20201223_124453.jpg

IMG_20201223_124518~2.jpg

IMG_20201223_154542.jpg

Edited by Anish S
  • Like (+1) 2

How much was this oil?

And also looking forward to hear from you about your redline engine oil experience. 

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

The 1 quartz is at 80dhs...

The Redline engine oil is amazing....the engine sounds better and smoother than ever (especially at high revs)

I just did another engine oil change, i used the same oil again and actually it's costing lesser now, it is 195dhs a gallon... 

Edited by Anish S
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Yes @Srikumar, the capacity of the transfer case is 2.8 L....

The shop is in Al Quoz 2, they have a good selection of Redline products, they sell online too but it's better to go there because u can avoid the delivery charge, can slightly negotiate as well and more importantly the salesperson is knowledgeable (compare to lots of other shops) so it's good to chat with them.

Edited by Anish S
  • Like (+1) 3