•  
Advertise here

AC Driving Me Crazy ​🥵​

Mawy

Hey there Carnities!

So about 3-4 months ago I started noticing that my Pajero's AC is starting to malfunction at random intervals. It would be working fine and ice cold and then all of a sudden the vents are pushing almost no air. Turning the fan to the maximum doesn't do anything too, even though I can hear the blower and the window screaming in revs. I try closing the recirculate button to get air from outside, but still nothing.

I had the refrigerant charged and an AC workshop said that the blower is fine and there are no leakages in the refrigerant but that didn't solve any issue. I'm kinda lost and sweaty. 

Please help 🥵

• Sad (0) 2

10 minutes ago, Mohammed El-Dakamawy said:

Hey there Carnities!

So about 3-4 months ago I started noticing that my Pajero's AC is starting to malfunction at random intervals. It would be working fine and ice cold and then all of a sudden the vents are pushing almost no air. Turning the fan to the maximum doesn't do anything too, even though I can hear the blower and the window screaming in revs. I try closing the recirculate button to get air from outside, but still nothing.

I had the refrigerant charged and an AC workshop said that the blower is fine and there are no leakages in the refrigerant but that didn't solve any issue. I'm kinda lost and sweaty. 

Please help 🥵

Then consider yourself lucky winter is coming :)

Pajero AC system is not that complicated, and any half-decent AC mechanic should be able to trouble shoot this. 

If any problem occurs with the compressor, usually the orange light on the AC button will start blinking. Have you seen this happening ? 

• Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

If no air at all is coming out from the vents, then it's definitely not a gas or compressor issue. This is related to the blower motor inside your dashboard. You might have sucked a plastic bag or something that is clogging the air, it can also be an issue with the blowet itself, the motor inside is turning but the fan on top is not. But I guess it is just something clogging the air circulation.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

@Mohammed El-Dakamawywhen it happens you can also try to switch the flow from the front vents to the upper ones on the windscreen and back to the front vents. Maybe you have a faulty actuator.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Chaitanya D said:

Does it work well when the refrigerant is filled and then the cooling reduced over few days?

Not at all, the second day this has happened, it went haywire again.

2 hours ago, Frederic said:

Then consider yourself lucky winter is coming :)

Pajero AC system is not that complicated, and any half-decent AC mechanic should be able to trouble shoot this. 

If any problem occurs with the compressor, usually the orange light on the AC button will start blinking. Have you seen this happening ? 

I have faced the blinking light issue only once. Which got resolved after a quick turn-off and turn on. Moreover, would you be able to recommend one? I've been to these ENOC AC guys which said it might be an electrical (which doesn't make lots of sense). And when I told the workshop I've been going to the past year, all he did is recharge the coolant, but nothing worked.

2 hours ago, Lawrence_Chehimi said:

If no air at all is coming out from the vents, then it's definitely not a gas or compressor issue. This is related to the blower motor inside your dashboard. You might have sucked a plastic bag or something that is clogging the air, it can also be an issue with the blowet itself, the motor inside is turning but the fan on top is not. But I guess it is just something clogging the air circulation.

Well, the thing is that it's very random. I can have 3-4 days or a long road trip of perfect AC. But then out of the blue, it becomes a sweatbox.

3 minutes ago, Lawrence_Chehimi said:

@Mohammed El-Dakamawywhen it happens you can also try to switch the flow from the front vents to the upper ones on the windscreen and back to the front vents. Maybe you have a faulty actuator.

That's something I'll have to try as well.

• Like (+1) 1

• 4 months later...