•  
Advertise here

Off-road Insurance

W a q a r

Hi All, need your valuable advise. I have received insurance quotation from Salama Insurance for UAE and Oman covering OD + TP in both Countries with full off-road coverage. They are quoting me around AED2.7k but that's not my main issue, I would like to hear your feedback if any one has dealt with them in the past and if they are indeed providing full off-road coverage as they claim as some insurance providers only cover few km off-roading. The agent confirmed there is no off-road mileage restriction and only in case of a racing event, 500m is covered.

Thanks in advance.

Waqar

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Compare with RSA, AXA and Oman as they all are not fussy when it comes to off-road cover.

With lot of new changes, whoever you proceed ask them to put the same in writing that offroad cover covers:

• Vehicle breakdown recovery from the desert (without any limitation of kms and emirates).
  • How many times a year they provide this off-road breakdown cover.
  • Also off-road accident is covered across the UAE desert and not just 500 m from road.

I rem speaking to RSA two years back they said they can provide 2 instances of such breakdown recovery from the desert, recently I heard from someone said its unlimited.

Remember what you need the most as an offroader is a vehicle breakdown cover from desert and not "pull out" service from desert stuck. This means when vehicle isn't in a drivable condition, your insurance should provide dead vehicle towing service and also covers any damages caused to your vehicle during such extreme recovery.

• Like (+1) 7

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.