•  
Advertise here

What To Do When Losing Your License Plate in Dubai

Frederic

I recently lost my license plate in the desert, and was somewhat confused by the necessary steps that need to be taken in order to request a new one from the RTA. Below i will mention the correct procedure:

1. In the Dubai Police app, select "Lost Certificate"

IMG_3577.jpg.abc2e6ebbf9e3732c3943112d59cbd16.jpg 

You will need to enter your Emirates ID details, a photo of the missing item, the location where you lost it (you can only enter a location in Dubai), and the approximate timing you have lost the item. 

Make sure in the dropdown list to select "NUMBER PLATE", and follow the steps where you will need to enter the license plate number, plate code, etc...

Getting the report will cost 70AED, you can pay it online.

Once submitted, it might take 12-24hrs to receive the police certificate that looks like this:

image.png.50561d02e9bacdae5ef545b25026b9c7.png

2. You will need to take this Certificate to the nearest RTA Tasjeel and show it to the reception counter. Now you will get a ticket number and will be appointed to one of the counters. After paying again 70AED, you will receive your new license plate.

• Thanks (+1) 4

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

In case one needs to buy a number plate they can buy it on the RTA portal. They sell the short one for 35 and need to be collected from one of the RTA centers (I did mine at Al Barsha & they will take AED 5 for pressing the plate). I bought a couple of plates at different times as the previous ones were bent or not correct size for my accessories. I did not have to interact with anyone except for the person pressing the numberplate.

I still have both the old number plates with me and were not lost.

don't drive like its your last one.

3 hours ago, Frederic said:

I recently lost my license plate in the desert, and was somewhat confused by the necessary steps that need to be taken in order to request a new one from the RTA. Below i will mention the correct procedure:

1. In the Dubai Police app, select "Lost Certificate"

IMG_3577.jpg.abc2e6ebbf9e3732c3943112d59cbd16.jpg 

You will need to enter your Emirates ID details, a photo of the missing item, the location where you lost it (you can only enter a location in Dubai), and the approximate timing you have lost the item. 

Make sure in the dropdown list to select "NUMBER PLATE", and follow the steps where you will need to enter the license plate number, plate code, etc...

Getting the report will cost 70AED, you can pay it online.

Once submitted, it might take 12-24hrs to receive the police certificate that looks like this:

image.png.50561d02e9bacdae5ef545b25026b9c7.png

2. You will need to take this Certificate to the nearest RTA Tasjeel and show it to the reception counter. Now you will get a ticket number and will be appointed to one of the counters. After paying again 70AED, you will receive your new license plate.

@FredericPrefect Information. I recommend to download the Dubai police App. Also critical is to register UAE pass . It will have all your information so filling in details on any gov apps

• Like (+1) 1