•  

Twilight Newbie Desert Drive - Murquab - Dubai - 26 May 2023

Chaitanya D

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and strictly follow these guidelines.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Newbie and above  ( ABSOLUTE NEWBIE NOT ALLOWED)

Meeting time: 6 PM 26th May 2023 Friday

Meeting Point:  https://goo.gl/maps/UPzSd1VJvSnYYraXA

Near Mosque in Morqum as in Google maps. 

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 10PM

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 12 cars maximum. RSVP will close on Friday - 12 Noon.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members that do not confirm the terms of the COVID requirements will be removed from the RSVP list.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR

• Gaurav changed the title to Twilight Newbie Desert Drive - Murquab - Dubai - 26 May 2023

Hi @Rajesh NG - Welcome to the club ! Can you confirm your previous off-roading experience if any ? FYI, this is a Newbie and above drive, and since its a night drive, Absolute Newbie are restricted . Hence would help us accordingly advise you , if you can share your previous experience on off-roading. 

• Like (+1) 2

Hi @Arun Menon Welcome to the club:) 
I see this is your first drive? The manage tab is for Leads/Support . To join the drive you need to join by clicking on "going" tab.

However, since this is NB and above drive, can u also pls share your previous off-roading experience, if any?

• Like (+1) 2

Hi @DP1011
My apologies, I was just looking at the post and event details. And may have inadvertently added myself to the Manage tab. Happy to be put on the waiting list since I'm not fully confirmed I'm available on Friday evening.

I've been driving with other Offroading groups for little over a year with 6-8 drives now. Recently acquired a new off-roader with the required lighting for night drives.

Looking forward to joining group drives soon.

• Like (+1) 3

12 hours ago, Arun Menon said:

Hi @DP1011
My apologies, I was just looking at the post and event details. And may have inadvertently added myself to the Manage tab. Happy to be put on the waiting list since I'm not fully confirmed I'm available on Friday evening.

I've been driving with other Offroading groups for little over a year with 6-8 drives now. Recently acquired a new off-roader with the required lighting for night drives.

Thanks @Arun Menon - no worries :) - Can you please RSVP and add yourself to Waiting list for the time being . 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Theo09 said:

Looking forward to my 1st night drive! No special lights required? (just checking). 

Hello @Theo09 no special lights needed. Regular lights on high beam with fog lamps should be okay when driving with a convoy. As a courtesy to fellow drivers just ensure your lights aren't glaring them

14 hours ago, Arun Menon said:

Hi @DP1011

@Arun Menon can you elaborate more on the off roading experience - weather it was with another club of just camping / barbeque rides?

If you have a newly acquired ride/car for off roading - I strongly suggest you to join a regular Newbie drive during day time to get acquainted with it ( unless you have driven already). Once you finish your mandatory newbie drive for joining this club, you can do the self declaration to get to next level for review 

Thank you @DP1011 for your advises ❤️

• Like (+1) 2

15 hours ago, Rajesh NG said:

Hello,

I have 15 drives+ with other clubs and finished your masterclass with Kailas 2 weeks back. He has recommended i can join the fewbie after this first mandatory newbie drive.

Hi @Rajesh NG, if you have done a masterclass , it should be fine to join this drive and then you can do your self declaration on the forum for review and  getting to next level

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Hello @Thomas Collins Jayakumar I see in your profile that this will be your first drive with the club

Kindly note this drive is not for absolute newbies - i.e first timers with the club. Have you done any masterclass with any leads?

If not I am afraid you will have to sign out and join a day time Newbie drive for the first time 

thanks in advance

Important Information

Terms of use