•  

DIY - Converting Battery Compressor to High Pressure Gun ?

Dan S

Dears,

By any chance, anybody, had the possibility to convert his battery powered tyre compressor to achieve a small air gun capability? I would like to have the chance to blow up the air from my engine or similar locations after each drive and not spending too much in adding a permanent air tank system to the car.

Any ideas what we can do in this matter?

Thank you in advance!

Edited by Dan S

You can buy air blow gun with an adapter that goes on your compressor hose pipe.

Something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Beduan-Compressor-Accessory-Connect-Couple/dp/B083F9JGFH?th=1

image.png

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

3 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

You can buy air blow gun with an adapter that goes on your compressor hose pipe.

Something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Beduan-Compressor-Accessory-Connect-Couple/dp/B083F9JGFH?th=1

image.png

Many thanks for the reply Gaurav, I was thinking not having a tank will impact the flow of the air via that air blow gun which will make it almost useless for blowing any dust

1 minute ago, Dan S said:

I was thinking not having a tank will impact the flow of the air via that air blow gun which will make it almost useless for blowing any dust

And you are absolutely correct, I have bought one with high hopes and never used again. As the loose or dry sand can be moved while the vehicle is moving, but dry sand stuck with some fluid is hard to get out of the engine bay unless you use car wash blow gun.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

11 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

And you are absolutely correct, I have bought one with high hopes and never used again. As the loose or dry sand can be moved while the vehicle is moving, but dry sand stuck with some fluid is hard to get out of the engine bay unless you use car wash blow gun.

Well understood, many thanks Gaurav for your prompt reply and response.

@Mario Cornejo has this setup with twin compressor ARB with tank.

• Thanks (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

3 hours ago, Frederic said:

@Mario Cornejo has this setup with twin compressor ARB with tank.

That will be the best but quite costly at 3500 aed right now as new

10 hours ago, Cha said:

image.png.4c1809fc145a4be512dff0b18008c8fe.png+image.png.04896cf41bc0967d2a6564fc48055628.png

cheapest fix, you dont need very high pressure to make this work, and it works very well for the oil sand mixture 

Thanks Cha, will definitely give it a try

45 minutes ago, Dan S said:

Thanks Cha, will definitely give it a try

this combo on my bushranger air max 3 compressor doesnt do the job... 
get some back pressure in the hose and get a small burst of air... then not enough airflow to move sand off my dashboard.

Really need tank option (even the arb single compressor with tank should do the job) 

Edited by PETELCZYC PAJERO - luke
typos
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use