Advertise here

Battery drain?

dante

It seems that my A3 sports battery gets drained it not started within 24 hours. What I do to start it is to try to do the battery booster. I have already replaced the batteries with new ones so I know that it isn't them.

Anyone have any ideas?

Seems like some electrical is still drawing power after car is shut off and draining the battery. It could be music system, light etc. Get to good electrician to do proper diagnose at the root cause and fix.

You might also want to check if there are any problems with the control panel. Since you are going to the electrical expert anyways better make their work efficient and suggest to check that first.

• 3 months later...

Hi ,

I have this problem too in my 2007 A3 sportback , i already bought two batteries to figure out that the batteries were ok and the problem was the car .

It seems it is common in the A3 , any one has a clue from where is the problem ?/?

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

will give it a try for a longer period, because i started removing the fuses one after the other and noticed that when you lock the car the consumption decreases gradually for 1.4 amps to 0.7 amps . ( maybe the car stays awake for some minutes and goes gradually to sleep ...)

will keep you posted .

regards