Advertise here

NEW to Defender...Plz advise...???

gentlemen,

good day

I am a fan of golden roads and I am an X H2 SUV and Wrangler Sahara owner. recently I am planning to buy Land Rover Defender "Automatic Transmission". I am totaly new to the Defender. I have few questions about it especially that there are 90 and 110 LE/SW.

I want to know:

- what are main reviews, recommendations and suggestions?

- how reliable are the brand-new defenders compared to pre-owned?

- Services workshops, spare parts dealers,prices, availibility in market??

- most important, I found all Defender are on manual transmission; Is not there some of which is on Automatic Transmission???

your comments are appreciated and thanks for your time

regards

Now Defender only comes manual, it used to be in auto before in GCC (In 90's V8). Now only Japanese import have auto stick.

About reliability its good reliable if its new and well taken care off. If not its a dirty bitch same as other LR siblings (i would rate Range being worst reliable and defender being most among LR family).

Resale is good due to higher demand of used vehicle as very few in market, so i agree its bit steep compare to other brands and 4x4 but you get what you pay back easily.

Spares and service is not much of an issue, so many garage in Dubai and Sharjah are there for parts and service or even complete overhaul (if needed) other than dealer (if thats what you meant?).

Good luck mate, welcome to LR hood.