•  
Advertise here

Help Workshop or Someone with tools for Spring issue.

Hello, I bought a Range Rover 4.6 Westminster and have discovered that the "conversion" that was carried out to change from air suspension to springs was done by placing the rear springs in and then putting the seating plates on top of the axle. Not bolted down at all. So every time i go over a speed hump (and there are lots everywhere i go) the rear end makes a terrific twang as the spring smacks the body of the car! Front end is OK though.

All it needs is a spacer bracket or even to weld the plate onto the axle bracket!

Am currently in temporary accomodation and waiting for all my gear to arrive and so I currently have a Leatherman as my toolbox!

Will reimburse for assistance of course.

Thanks Chris.

Well I am not much of DIY guy in such work, but i can help you in pointing out the cheapest + fastest place to get this done safely and professionally. 1st option is Gulf star repair workshop in shj (06 5339603), 2nd option is Al Nakhala (Ismail garage) in sharjah 050 5866311.

Gulf star will be slightly expensive over Nakhala and plus you might get to wait more as well. So see if you are happy with Nakhala if not switch to Gulf star. In Dubai your best bet is AAA, A2B Garage and 4x4 motor (all are pricey + long wait for such job).