Jump to content

Myrko

Enthusiast
  • Posts

    90
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1
  • Country

    Netherlands
  • Carnity Points

    0 [ Donate ]

Everything posted by Myrko

  1. Fitted mine in the Defender's engine bay. A bit hot, and as @ChrisW said, she is a bit fussy, so I have to remember to open the hood when using the compressor a bit longer. And probably more importantly, as I found out last night,: DON'T FORGET TO TAKE MY PHONE FROM THE CONVENIENT PLACE ON TOP OF THE RADIATOR, BEFORE CLOSING THE HOOD!!! I chose to install the little manifold and the Bluetooth controller with it, to make things easier avoid additional switches in the cabin. You can then set programmable pressure options and it regulates it all by itself, though I fail to see the point in reducing pressure via the controller. The compressor's controller is connected via the Garmin Powerswitch for the same convenience: accessible on the phone and carplay! Again, ensure you put the phone back in your pocket after use, see note above... The air outlet I led through the side of the car, opposite of the engine air intake, which has no function with my engine, (for people blessed with a bigger wallet: it does with the Octa). Great for access and the normal ARB hose is long enough to get to all tires from that point. Key takeaways are: make sure you still have sufficient airflow/cooling otherwise it will just stop working in best case until reset, or cease in worst. Ensure you fuse your power supply, for some reason the first fuse blew only after it fried one of the motors in the compressor. Luckily ARB gave me a new one after they did some checking!
  2. until

    It just opened @Danie
  3. until

    Hi @Mark B Is it jsut me, or did this one not open to participate?
  4. Apologies, @Looper, I have to pull out. The Defender has a coolant leakage and fixing it will take longer than expected.
  5. Thanks for your kind words, @Frederic, @Giacomo, @Ishak, @khurramm, @Jose Luis Campos, @_Herman_, @Luke K P, @Abdullah A., @Emanuel, @Mahesh_, @Andrew John Melvill, @Sam Selim and @Infaz Appreciate the guidance and help throughout the journey so far, "paved" with a lot of sand kernels, great dunes, long ridges and various;.. numerous... ok, let's be honest and call it as it is: an annoyingly copious amount of pop-outs! For the many who have assisted with the latter (probably anyone I have ever had the pleasure of sharing a drive with 😏); finding a solution to get the heavy girl a bit better attached to her "shoes" is very high on the list. Eventually, I will unlock the secret (and funds) to change the 20" rims into something that can accommodate rubber properly able to take a turn or sideways slip. Donations to get us all through this are very welcome, think of it as an investment to increase actual driving time and reduce the possibility of heat strokes!! 😜😆
  6. Nice one @Ash S., feeling the pressure, I really need to pull up my socks! Hope to see you on IM level soon
  7. I had the same issue a quite a few times myself. Mostly after a pop-out, where sand was stuck between the rim and the tire. It also seems to happen after very sharp turns in soft sand, when the tire pressure is low. The main culprit is the size of the tire wall: too small due to the size of rims needed to wrap around the large brake calipers. Apparently very easy to collect sand and not easy to just flush it out. This has given me quite some unwanted work in the desert. On top of it, annoying costs and time wasted at a tire shop afterwards to clean everything out again. It's one of the reasons I want ( read "need") to change the "soccer mom" 20 inch rims on my car. Unfortunately not an easy project with my Defender. Till then, I choose to run on slightly higher pressure, no guarantee but reduces the problem.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use