Advertise here

Pajero Vibration

Hi Siddiq,

"The RPM is 900 on Neutral and 200-300 when shift to D."

This is from your original post, so does the engine still idle at only 300 RPM when it is cold?

You say that it idles at 500-800 (Without AC) when it is warm, so what we need to do is figure out what kind of vibration we are talking about, since 500 RPM is fast enough to make a V6 engine idle relatively smoothly. If by "vibration" you mean it idles roughly or unevenly, we need to figure out why.

What happens when you switch on the AC when the engine is warm and you put the transmission in D? Does the idle RPM drop to below 500 RPM?

Can you perhaps post a good quality video of the engine when it vibrates, so I can see for myself what is happening? If you post a video, please include a sound clip of the engine at idle as well.

• Like (+1) 1

Hi Siddiq, your idle RPM seems fine and normal. Best is it is not dancing so its very good. Stable RPM is good sign of healthy engine, as earlier I was thinking its dancing between 500-800 while in P,N,D.

That drop from P to D is very normal as explained earlier by treks.

I will wait for the video to see what vibrations is bothering, and please take the video in all positions for at least 20-30 secs each.