Advertise here

Gallery Upload File Size issue

Looper

Apologies if it is a repost and if it is the wrong board to post the issue - as it is not car related.

I have been uploading pic that my son takes on the drives - but noticed a lot of failed attempts. today I noticed that any file larger than 4 mb was not uploaded. the info says upto 50 mb can be uploaded. is there a file restriction per file?

Also noticed the there are restrictions on dimensions, I had some panoramas which I edited in 10x3 ratio which failed to upload.

The failed attempts show up in the gallery as blank pics - do they get purged - as I am not able to delete them. 

Edited by Goutam
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

don't drive like its your last one.

Resize images to max Full HD, 1800 x 1200 and upload again.

Pics directly from DSLR with enormous size or dimensions usually get stuck due to system restrictions. 

50 MB is the limit for whole upload and not per pic size.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

In Windows 10 this can easily be done by opening the photo, and cliking on the 3 dots in the upper right corner, and selecting "Resize" image. Then you will get the following selection screen:
image.png.459aa6960345733297520ef7c20ab49c.png
If you choose the option "L" you will get a file size of about 500kB which should be fine.

• Like (+1) 5

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

For smartphone users you can download the app called “image resize” 

Select the images you want to resize and adjust the pixel amount to 1,800 as you can see below. This reduces the file size from 6MB to 690Kb

0995DDDE-596E-4132-8188-B0F8B6E27C0A.jpeg.3ac3b8f60ab0da7c4fdc180796cd46b6.jpeg

Some guideline on image sizes for social media.

For Carnity photos in the gallery, 1800 x 1200 px is perfect good quality images.

image.png.4e1f8bccf1779965a381d2981410d4f6.png

• Like (+1) 4

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Thanks a lot @Frederic for your revert.

I use Lightroom to manage my photo library and for converting the Raw/DNG files to JPEG. Resizing the file size was not my concern - I was unsure if there are any limits on the file size. I will ensure that the attachments are less 3900 KB while exporting that's seems to be the sweet spot for upload.

I will not be able to upload the panoramas my son takes which is basically 3 to 4 pics stitched together as there seems to be a restriction on the custom dimensions of the files as well 😐

• Like (+1) 3

don't drive like its your last one.

49 minutes ago, Brette said:

For images from my phone that are too large, I just take a screenshot of the image and upload that. Screenshots are generally not to large. 

This is the way I am using too!😄

however I will try the image resize mentioned by @Frederic also and see 👍

• Like (+1) 3