•  

Sand Tyres, anyone use them?

Zed

Hi folks,

So I'm intrigued by these pics: #1 Y62 w/ Sand Tyres,  #2 Sand Tyre description,  #3 Malone Sand Tyres ad, "best choice for desert safari".

Anyone has experience with them? Are they better than All-Terrain (A/T) offroad tyres by a large margin (really really float on sand)?

Cheers,
Z.

Y62_Sand.jpeg

SandTyre_desc.jpeg

MALONE-TYRES-POSTER-LIGHT.jpg

• Like (+1) 2

Yes they are very good in sand until you keep moving, climbing or side sloping. 

Due to the tread pattern they are not so good for self-recovering and very risky on road and "CATASTROPHIC" on wet roads.

I never used them, but had a very close desert safari guy who shared all these info. Owner of that company is my cousin and he use AT tires on his Patrol SWB.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

I was very intruiged by these sand tires or balloon tires. I met a UAE National who had a Nissan Patrol with the Shaheen Tires on so I asked him regarding how he feels with these on. His response was very detailed. He said firstly because there is a very thin contact area with the surface, they are a nightmare for balancing and alignment. There are very few people in UAE who will balance these for you. Still when you start in the morning they feel very floaty and unstable till they warm up. In winters and rain as @Gaurav bhai said is very unstable. But on sand as long as you have momentum it's good. But people misunderstand as the UAE Nationals like to fill it with 70 PSI and drive it on 2 wheels since its like a balloon so easier to handle on 2 wheels.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thanks @Rahimdad! 70psi sounds the opposite of deflated 12psi we're used to 😅  When you say 2 wheels, you mean offroad motorbikes ? 😲

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 3/3/2021 at 1:18 AM, Zed said:

Thanks @Rahimdad! 70psi sounds the opposite of deflated 12psi we're used to 😅  When you say 2 wheels, you mean offroad motorbikes ? 😲

no no he actually means doing a wheelie on a car, search arab car wheelies on YouTube 

• Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use