•  
Advertise here

Engine Tourque Reduction

2023 Sahara all stock except for 2.5 inch lift.

In the worst times where I actually need power the car decideds to kill power. I see the owners manual mentions engine Tourque Reduction as a safety feature.

Anyone has this problem? I use the onboard switch to kill TC/ESC. Driving in 4H on sand, a couple of times lost power on the side of a dune leaving me in a risky situation.... 

I this something a tunning or a chip can undo? Is it just my car?

• Like (+1) 2

It seems a flaw that the warranty should handle and fix or at least explain.

If its completely stock and nothing has been tinkered with Engine Management System, then you should seek dealership help.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

@AhmadTaha1988 That is a strange issue, although I have lost power usually when climbing and sometimes on the side of the dune, after a few drives, the onboard computer got use to the new driving style and the car consistently planted power down on dunes & roads. 

If your car is an automatic try using Tiptronic you'll find yourself using 2&1 to climb and 3 for cruising flatter areas. still might be a good idea to take @Gaurav advice on the situation though.

• Like (+1) 2

A question would Be to know if you are a new/old Jeep driver and are you driving a JL for the first time.

normally a new car computer will take some time on the new driving conditions. Apart from that climbing tall dunes will take skill full utilisation of triptronic gear shifting and acceleration that You will learn it over time. 

• Like (+1) 2

don't drive like its your last one.

Larger dunes in swehan and badayar would  need you to manage the climbs.

In the Newbie drives, the car would manage the gear shifting etc. automatically but it need a little time, not much though and also your driving technique will change as you drive more in tune with the capabilities of the car.

Give it a few drives, for both of you & your car to understand each other.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

don't drive like its your last one.