•  
Advertise here

120 kph speed chime always on when above

dashboy

Hi All,

I have a 2023 Baleno GLX that has the non-silencing 120 kph speed chime. I have been in deep discussions with UAE Suzuki over this and trying to get a software update to remove this.

The dealer will offer a silence all chimes which is a bad decision as it mutes all chimes including safety items. I have declined this option.

When I was buying this car, I was refused a highway test drive and only allowed on side roads at max 70 kph. I never knew that it would beep none stop when above 120 kph!!

I'll keep you posted on the outcome.

• Like (+1) 1

Find a source of the chime under the steering wheel and disconnect the wire, or I have heard a few mechanics punching that speaker with a screwdriver.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

10 hours ago, Gaurav said:

Find a source of the chime under the steering wheel and disconnect the wire, or I have heard a few mechanics punching that speaker with a screwdriver.

that chime is probably used for other safety related alarms as the poster stated.

Another option might be to put a small switch inbetween the chime light, so whenever you hit the highway and plan to drive +120km/h you could disable the chime by flicking that switch.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

4 hours ago, Frederic said:

that chime is probably used for other safety related alarms as the poster stated.

Totally agree buddy, I missed that completely. Sharing some old car hacks, forgot it's 2023 already.

• Haha (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

• 3 months later...

The speed chime cannot be silenced by cutting a wire or installing a switch as this will deactivate other key safety warning sounds such as the seat belt. The design of the 120 chime, as I was told by Suzuki, is a EEPROM.  I need the wiring and ECU layout with pinouts to see if it can be done. Does anyone have these manuals? 2023 Baleno GLX with K15B motor.