Advertise here

2024 Toyota Land Cruiser: 4.0 L or 3.5 L Twin Turbo?

(Asking for a friend)

Which of the new LC would have better for off road-ing capabilities (I do understand that it eventually comes down to the driver 🙈), the one with the 4.0 L engine or the 3.5 L turbo, and why?

How much of a difference between these engines, considering they are very differently priced with the 3.5L t apparently belonging to a separate price bracket?

4.0L has 271 hp & 385 Nm vs 3.5 TT has 409 hp & 650 Nm, so I'm sure Toyota has to price it differently.

The same applies to off-roading, as a better power-to-weight ratio always wins.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

That's a good point of concern, but hoping and trusting Toyota and LC flagship it will perform well. Turbos and Supercharge need to be perfectly tuned with an engine to kick at the right time for off-road use. 

Single turbo mostly has a lag, this lag reduced a lot on the supercharger and then twin turbo surpasses with newer tech.

Ram TRX is SC
Ford Raptor is Twin Turbo
Raptor R is SC

So going with regular applications and competitors opting for off-road applications, I am more than sure TT in LC will perform well in sand too.

@essam ibrahim Is your LC is Twin Turbo? Please share your views on power usage in demanding off-road situations.

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

• Gaurav changed the title to 2024 Toyota Land Cruiser: 4.0 L or 3.5 L Twin Turbo?

@Gaurav

it is nice to hear from you , as you know I am feeling sorry for not able to attend during month of Ramadan , but will be shortly with the group soon .

about my car yes it is  Toyota LC TT and its doing doing very well at off road .

thanks 

Essam 

@Gaurav

yes it is 3.5 L 

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use