Advertise here

2012 wrangler or FJ cruiser

Hi guys .... i am planning to buy the new jk 2012 .... but b4 i do so, i wana know if it performs better the FJ cruiser in the dunes ...... i currently have a hooked up jk 2009 and the FJ cruiser kills it big time ....... its nice to cruise in a wrangler but when it comes to performance, for eg, driving on badayer ( the straight strip towards the top ) the fj's takes the cake big time ....... now guys, i dont want this to happen if i am buying the new 2012 jk ..... so if anyone has good info or has tried competing with an FJ in the dunes pls let me know ...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

beg to differ mate! the new jeep comes with the 3.6 l pentastar v6... which is a powerfull engine, compared to the older jk engine , which was a 3.8 v6 generating 202 bhp, the new one generates around 280 bhp. now if you compare it to the fj, i reckon the jeep will perform much better as the weight is on the jeeps side,if you re getting the 3 door n not the unlimited. so , if you compare the power to weight, i definately suggest the new 2012 jk.

• 1 month later...

I don't know how you could even compare a 2012 JK to a FJ Naz! :P

A friend of mine drives the new JK and I have tried it in the desert too. You feel the 285Hp and it's def better than the older models if we talking about climbing dunes. Interior differs a bit, shape the same. At the end it's a JEEP and you gotta love it!

FJ is comfortable, does not need modification much as it's quite powerful anyways, not a desert ride for me personal.

Sometimes it's just the driver and the know how ;-)

Looking at the date, what did you opt for?