•  
Advertise here

wHICH oNE wOULD bE a bETTER oFFrOADER?

I have owned a swb Wrangler and now drive a swb Patrol (4.8 vtc). Both 4x4's are great off road. What's best for the desert here in the UAE? It really comes down to your driving style. Both have almost equal horsepower (280bhp VTC vs 285bhp Pentastar) but the Patrol has more torque. That said, it is a bigger 4x4 so needs it! You will have a lot of fun in both.

There are many aftermarket parts and accessories available here in the Middle East for the Jeep which is a big plus. There are far fewer stores catering for aftermarket mods with regard to the Patrol. However, I have a 2'' lift and 33'' tyres on mine and it goes well. In terms of reliability, strength and engine cooling in the hot desert the Patrol is the better car. That said, with all the aftermarket mods available for the Wrangler you can toughen it up pretty well.

So, which one is the better off roader? I really believe that's down to the driver! Both 4x4's will put a big smile on your face and take you almost anywhere you want to go.

Just when everyone thought I couldn't make I got the better offroader machine, I got this factory built Wrangler that comes standard with may of the goodies. Off road Jeepers essentially need big tires, and with it comes a 4:1 low range T-case, Dana 44 front and rear axles with on-demand lockers. For me Wrangler Jeep, it is a beloved build-able machine just to be off road for a change.