•  
Advertise here

2010 Land Rover LR2 review

The Land Rover LR2 was introduced in 2007 as a replacement to the original Freelander – indeed, in European markets it carries over the Freelander name, though with the addition of a small 2 to mark it out from its reliability-averse predecessor.

It competes within the ever-growing sector of compact SUVs in the region, but the LR2 is one of the few models available in that sector of the market that can actually stand up for itself off road.

The LR2 might be the smallest offering in the Land Rover line-up, but that doesn’t mean it misses out on the exemplary off-road performance that’s bestowed on every model that wears the iconic green oval badge.

Just one engine is offered – a 3.2-litre inline six-cylinder engine that’s shared with the Volvo XC60 – which has 233bhp and 317Nm of torque. The LR2′s heavy weight and off-road mechanicals mean that it’s not the quickest SUV off the line, but the engine is more than happy to push the LR2 around all day through whatever challenging conditions you care to throw at it. Land Rover’s impressive Terrain Response System is fitted as standard.

There’s plenty of space for five on board with a cabin that’s sensibly laid out – it might lack some of the flourishes that you might find in something like an Audi Q5, but it has a sense of solidity about it that’s reassuring. The air-conditioning system is one of the best on the market and will happily keep you cool in even the hottest of temperatures.

SOURCE: http://automiddleeast.com/2010-land-rover-lr2/

• 1 year later...

Hey guys!

I am considering buying a pre-owned LR2. I found one at 47 ks, not full option, done almost 120,000 kms, accident free and in vgc.

I was wondering if the cost of maintenance and service of LR is high. Can you give examples of how much did you pay to fix regular / irregular car problems (service, tyres, oil change, etc..)

Thanks a lot in advance