•  
Advertise here

4.6 V8 P38 For Spares

Dear All,

I purchased a 2002 P38 a little while ago and have hit a big snag in that the previous owner has never registered the car to me and has now vanished. I have a registration document with his name on it so it's not stolen or anything and I have a receipt of sale to me.

It has an overheating issue which I believe to be the head gasket or gaskets or possibly block.

I Have changed rad, waterpump and the thermostat but to no avail it could still be a waterlock in the engine but I've tried everything to clear it without success.

She runs OK for a short while then boils very quickly with the rad at the top very hot and cold at the bottom so I'm assuming that the exhaust gases are pressurising the top of the jacket also the water pump whines at this point so I presume that the exhaust pressure is creating an air lock into the pump.

All body panels are OK with a couple of minor door dents in places and electric seats are all OK.

As it's not registered to me I can't sell it as a road vehicle but it is a decent car to strip for bits.

Make me an offer! I'm notching this one up to experience!

Regards

Chris - 0559830499