UAE Green Desert: Discover Spectacular Transformation After 75-Year Rainfall

Advertise here

Masda 6 2006 check engine light issue

Hi i have a Masda 6 2006 model.I bought it from my friend from the day i bought this car i have problem in pick up. so i checked with one of mechanic he said it my be a timer belt problem so he tried to adjust sumthing on the timer.. still i had the same issue then he said that there might b a block in silencer so her he went n cleaned the silencer and removed the filter in silencer form there i started having this check engine problem which i tried removing for more than 5 to 6 time using computer chk up. whn the check engine light is off the car has pick up once its back on the pick is gone completely... i have really tough time with this...i really want sum 1 to suggest me with this case and me where can i go n fix this issue.. please not once the can is heated up means if i drove for 100 − 150 kms thn the check engine light is popping up...

Thanks

Sathish

After reading the very first line i could make out that you were in wrong hands.

""""""""""""""""""""so i checked with one of mechanic he said it my be a timer belt problem so he tried to adjust sumthing on the timer.""""""""""""""""""

Timing belt adjustment IS THE LAST THING TO BE DONE. And for fooling people few big head mechanic use that tactics exactly and then play around with car and keep making money.

Dump that mechanic at first, PLEASE. And go to some good garage like dynatrade, technical garage, AAA etc to get the proper fix of this isse. There is nothing much to clean the silencer, its advisable to change it as you will be changing only mufler and not whole silencer, which would cost less than 500.

Timing belt is due to change at 100k so check with ur friend if he has changed or not. May be coz of timing belt is due to change then adjusting wont help but instead you have to change it.

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...