Afternoon Newbie Desert Drive - Ghantoot: Searching for Oryx - Abu Dhabi - 11 May 2024

We request every member who joins this drive to go through the information below and strictly follow these guidelines, etiquette, and responsibilities.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

First time with Carnity Off-road Club:

• Please share your vehicle details - Make, Model, Color, and Year.
  • Do you have any prior off-road experience? If yes, pls share details.
  • Confirm your vehicle has front and rear tow hooks/eyelets.
  • Advise if you don’t have a programable radio and safety flag.
  • MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING

Drive Details

Level:  Newbie and above (all levels)

Meeting time: 3:00 PM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: https://maps.app.goo.gl/Hz68FrBPfBT2nNm68

Action Plan: A leisurely drive in a perfect location to familiarize oneself with the rudiments of off-roading, or to perfect the skills already acquired. A place usually abundant with wildlife, will give us the opportunity of searching for the oryx herds that inhabit this area.

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 7:00 PM

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• This drive is limited to 12 cars only. RSVP will close on Friday - 9AM.
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, once anyone drops, you will be moved to the RSVP list.
  • RSVP will close a day prior to preparing a convoy list.
  • Latecomers will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

Please RSVP on below calendar 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Zubail said:

Hi, I by mistake press going for Abu-Dhabi newbie instead of Dubai, is it possible to change?

Hi @Zubail, you can click on the calendar again, and remove yourself from the going list,

Then you can click 'going' on the Dubai twilight newbie drive

• Thanks (+1) 2

59 minutes ago, Andrew John Melvill said:

Hope I can be bumped up from the waitlist for this drive, have had to pull out of the Saturday morning Fewbie drive due to weekend ruining work commitments! 

Hi @Andrew John Melvill. I can add you to the drive if you wish to confirm you'd like to join. Please let me know. Thanks

2 minutes ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Hi @Andrew John Melvill. I can add you to the drive if you wish to confirm you'd like to join. Please let me know. Thanks

Thanks Ale, can confirm that I would love to join this drive. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Dear Desertnauts

Welcome to this Newbia and above drive. 

First note is for @James Dunlop: as an Absolute Newbie, please make sure you'll have viewed with attention the brifing attached to the drive's post, and below:

For all other members ( @Andrew John Melvill, @Dariush Eghtedari, @Martin Schwaiger, @Talal H, @Vijay Cowlagi, @Matt - monkeywrench, @Nicolò, @Ahmed Wagdy, @Guido Ferriani, @Abdul Hanaan, @Damian and @Luke K P), this will (should) be a relaxing afternoon drive. We'll surely feel like we are in a desert (after all, heat is one of deserts' defining conditions), but as we progress into the afternoon, it will get much more comfortable, and we should be able to enjoy a nice sunset.
A complete briefing will be given a few minutes into the drive, to familiarize everyone with basic off-roading skills and security guidelines.
I will announce the convoy order just before leaving the meeting and deflation point. 
Please, try to arrive slightly before 3:00 PM, so we may check all the cars' conditions, help with the deflation, and insure a timely departure.
Looking forward to seeing you all on Saturday afternoon. Enjoy the end of the week.
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Dear @Andrew John Melvill, @Dariush Eghtedari, @Martin Schwaiger, @Talal H, @Vijay Cowlagi, @Matt - monkeywrench, @Nicolò, @Ahmed Wagdy, @Guido Ferriani, @Abdul Hanaan, @Damian @Luke K P and @Frederic, as some of you already know, please come with as full a tank as possible. Search on your navigator for the gas station nearest to the meeting point, based on your place of origin. For sure, coming from Dubai there are very few convenient refuelling stations close by. 

Thanks and see you this afternoon  

Important Information

Terms of use