•  
Advertise here

Gauge changing

Hi guys,

This is just a question over the top of my head. I wanted to know if I can change the gauge on my mazda x3 without causing any extra damage. Obviously I will have a professional do it but is it advisable to go ahead with this modification? Has anyone done it themselves by the way?

Thanks in advance

There are two main things you need to take care of ... first the screws and then the electrical connectors. You need to ensure that the size of the new gauge is compatible with the old one and that the old one can be easily unmounted with the help of drivers. Once all the nails are taken out you should make a map in your mind knwing which wires connects where. Attach the wires/connectors and see if the gauge is working. Nail it back in.

• 4 weeks later...

Well to be honest, in interior part that you will be seeing day in and out I wouldn't recommend taking chance of doing it if you have never done this before. I remember breaking something in the music player flap and that hurt-ed me everyday when i hit the radio button. My two cents.

• 3 months later...

i would suggest that you better take help from a professional to change the gauge in your car. these days, with lot of new technology in the cars, the electrical connections and the screws on the gauge is also changing. so if you have never don't this before, then better take a help from professional. you may initiate to learn from him, and then next time may be you can do it on your own. :P:);)