Jump to content

ethan

Carnity Star
  • Posts

    162
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    10
  • Carnity Points

    1 [ Donate ]

Everything posted by ethan

  1. Thanks Saleem and Milen for your golden words, and as per Kasim advise I found exact same battery in AC Delco in Mirdiff Enoc and got it changed last night. Cheers guys.
  2. Your BMW has single serpentine belt not multiple if it's newer than 2003, as older model has separate belts sometime in 90's model.
  3. mattd: Yes I tried myself and not with lazy assistance. Everyone has 55 amp but not for the one code number I want and no one is advising that as it's not matching in there catalog record for my car. Kasim: I will check with ENOC today. Thanks.
  4. This is something very normal everywhere, and hope to see individual changes after this law announcement, which is very nice and timely announced in UAE to set a stage for bigger cosmopolitan approach for Expo 2020. Very sorry to hear your experience and If I am in your place, I would definitely complain to VW main manager to provide adequate training required for their car-sales staff and let them know what is happening down below.
  5. For a new driver car is much better than SUV, to get used of roads, lanes, parking and all other dramas here and once you graduate go for SUV, if you are still inclined with one. My two cents.
  6. Im having 55 AMP battery and it died today, search everywhere and in every possible brand and no one has same 55 AMP battery. One shop is conforming upgrading to 60 AMP is safe, I have never tried such change in the battery, please advise if this marginal increase in AMP is fine. This battery is slightly bigger too and shopkeeper saying it will fit with little adjustment in the base adapter. Is it acceptable...?
  7. I like the BMW evolution and then going back to the basic after 100 years (almost). lol
  8. Thanks Richard, that was long time back and I agree with your suggestion. However I found easier way out to just to find if its working or not: Start the car - Remove the MAF (Mass Air Flow Meter Sensor) on air filter neck if car splutter or stalls (better) then AFM is working and doing its job. Found this idea by a road side garage and I was quite impressed with his simplified approach. lol.
  9. Check the tire pressure, as in low profile tires if you have then it's too hard to guess the right pressure by just looking at it. And if tire pressure is seriously low then it impact the fuel mileage serious and very soon tires will also have more fatigue and require replacement sooner. I know it sounds so small, but it's worth checking.
  10. 2016 Ford Mustang GT = 435 HP 2016 Dodge Challenger Hemi = 485 HP 2016 Dodge SRT (hellcat) = 707 HP Does any of Mustang and Camaro stand a chance in front Dodge.......?
  11. You can or should also check for axle boot if its torn and running dry without grease these type of wobbling might appear.
  12. Good advise from Varun Deth, as that could be one of thing that you can ignore easily but might trigger same issue.
  13. If engine is weak then under load situation like in desert it will definitely overheat. FYI, on road car is under stress for first few meters of movement and then rolling tires on road is not stress for any car of any age. Imagine that first few meter stress from 0-5km is a kicker and that same kicker x 100 = desert drive (It's an example, I am not an Einstein). I would rather buy and test car in desert first if I like to know its worthiness for desert project, than vice versa of what your friend have done. Your way you might blow whole cash and it still overheat and then sell at quarter price.
  14. I think otherwise guys, as no matter how expensive and time consuming dealer service is but at the end of the day they are the only one people who knows your car fully in and out as their technicians have been trained for same and have been doing these 100's of service daily. So education, training and experience is worth saving money/time. I highly advise to get dealer service only even after the warranty for having complete peace of mind with confidence. There are ocassions that I have been mislead by outside workshop and I eventually spend more what I could have spend with dealer. So my high regard goes to the Al futtaim (dealer) as oppose to outside guys.
  15. Good luck dude, also you can add that bigger vehicles are an inch better in safety due to larger crush and impact area, though she won't understand those techy words but it will sound convincing for kids safety
  16. Your both options are not in same league dude, and you got to check with your wifey for her acceptance of Xterra than our advise. LR2, perfect for wifey or for small run. Nice looking, Safe and reliable but comes with limited offroad capability. Xterra, awesome offroad capability, safe and relaible but less comfy, more road noise but bigger space than LR2 for grocery bags and kids to accommodate. I am sure now you can pitch her appropriately Good luck.
  17. Engine symbol means "Check Engine" warning light? This is the most annoying and scary at the same time. This warning light means something wrong that engine is not happy. It could be inside the engine issue (not very likely) or outside the engine issue (very likely). To start the diagnose by yourself check below in same priority level: Check the fuel cap and open once fully and close it properly. Check the battery is connected properly and your headlights and radio is working fine (If not then battery is dead). Check the fuel is enough and fuel supply is fine, when you half turn the iginition key you should hear the little wheezing noise and end it with click after 20 secs in the engine bay, means fuel pump is fine and sending sufficient fuel to engine. Check the air filter box, if in doubt open fully and clean the filter and close it back properly. If still not starting disconnect battery and reconnect it and try to start. Beyond above do it yourself, I wouldn't advise more action if you are not half techy. Next doubt is to check the engine component like spark plug ignition, Air flow meter, compression test, timing belt etc. How much mileage you have on your car and is it been regularly serviced...?
  18. Well lock can be one of the issue, but before that it's worth checking all fuses and see if any fuse is blown out. Under the steering and under the front passenger seat there are two set of fuse boxes. Read the fuse location on the cover inside and see if any fuse is assigned for doors and check if its blown or not. If you don't know how to see blown fuse, you can swap similar color fuse from neighboring pocket and test it. Remember to swap it back if experiment is successful or not.
  19. I recently got a used Touareg 2008 model with 96,000 kms driven with full service history from individual guy. Car runs great, but when I switch off it makes clack clack noise from the engine bay. Each clack comes after 15-20 seconds as if engine is doing some maths and remembering to clack, I mean it's uneven clack (not in rhythm). I hope there is nothing serious with engine, as car has been regularly maintained with nabooda. My friend asked me to check the coolant level, and I did that yesterday but it still clack whenever I switch off the engine. Appreciate any advise or comment what next to be done....?
  20. Well to my thinking, if turbocharger is installed by company itself in some specific model then it's safe and sound for car engine life as those companies set the turbo pressure at a balance to offer reasonable power gain vs reasonable engine life. Fitting aftermarket turbocharges will get so many questions as car key components are not made to withstand the turbocharged power, be it drive train, brakes, cooling system, gear box, engine foundations, axle, differentials etc. As these are the component that will get hit badly with substantial gain in power and start failing one after the other. My friend got turbocharged in Nissan Patrol for having extra doof doof to climb faya dunes straight up and within six months he ended up spending on almost all above components due to extra power surge caused by turbocharger delivery.
  21. Well I am not sure its true but I am telling as per the things I have seen in Dubai offroad. Plenty of Jeeps esp wrangler, then Land cruiser and Nissan Patrol, then FJ cruiser.
  22. What is the best time to best Jeep wrnagler and why? I heard few folks saying summer is good but don't why. Is it true? Can someone explain why?
  23. Check attached fuelly screenshot showing real user average count. Hope this helps.
  24. Well Honda Civic average mileage is about 7 L/100, I am refering this from real user's usage average count.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use