Jump to content

Gaurav

CLUB FOUNDER
  • Posts

    10,810
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    627
  • Country

    India
  • Carnity Points

    21,997 [ Donate ]

Everything posted by Gaurav

  1. Finally my Pajero Yuasa battery died last week after 1 year and 3 months, makes me believe that it was a fake Yuasa battery with made in Japan printing only. Finally after lot of attempts I got Amaron battery and hope this one lasts more than any other batteries based on so many positive reviews I have heard about it.
  2. Damn genius guy with amazing, creative and head turner work of art and passion
  3. I agree to go for a second opinion as many times bigger workshops works on a blanket rule checklist without debugging the actual problem properly. @Faisal khan can you offer him a diagnostic check and give a proper second opinion?
  4. Thanks, @Nikhil, @Jocreative and @Rahimdad for lovely pics.
  5. Thanks, everyone for great participation and enthusiasm. Few have uploaded the pictures in the gallery, looking fwd from rest of the guys, especially the aerial shots of Xterra @Julien V @Nikhil @Pwn @Emil @Brette @Jocreative @Maxiben @Shafeel https://carnity.com/gallery/category/96-newbie-drive-kalbamaliha-16-nov-2018
  6. Gaurav

    Hi !

    Welcome, Wilfy to the Carnity and it's most active and the best offroad club in UAE. Hope you sorted the rear bumper sand scooping issue in your Pajero? Looking fwd to seeing you soon
  7. Stop and go traffic and city mileage is totally different than driving on the highway. No mechanic or car company can change that as if you drive at lower than 30-40 kmph speed any car in the world will consume more fuel. In my Range, I have instantaneous fuel consumption option and while playing with that I noticed, that if I am on a highway at 120 speed it consumes from 10-12 L/100 (10 KMPL) but if I am in the city or in stop and go traffic below 40 kmph speed it consumes from 20 - 25 L/100 (4-5 KMPL). The only thing you can do is plan your brakes well in advance and don't hit instant acceleration, so soft braking and soft start can better the fuel mileage "little bit". Alternatively, you can change your route if its possible.
  8. Sure let's meet in any of the newbie drives and then we can discuss further your offroad experience. We do have newbie drives now almost every second week, so see you soon.
  9. @MATHEW FELEX Basically what Asif bhai meant is to refer the latest structure of offroad club implemented, according to which everyone should drive and follow the set number of drives to earn their offroad rank and then join appropriate level of drives as per there offroad rank assigned. However, if you are an experienced offroader, then some exception can be made after seeing your couple of newbie / fewbie level drives with us to put you on a fast track mode to get deserving rank. If you are absolutely new in the sand, then you must follow this for good:
  10. This usually comes with every vehicle that has a socket (nut) mounted in the bumper, usually in luxury cars (hidden with plastic cap) instead of showing the hook to kill the looks. You can get exact thread replacement hook from your car dealer or your car brand spare part guys in Dubai and Sharjah aftermarket shops who sell the original car parts. Which car is this?
  11. And also check if the radiator is running on water or coolant, so it's easy to identify if the radiator is with coolant which is usually green and occasionally reddish/pink, to isolate from the water. If yes, then nothing to worry but if the radiator is on water then you have too much to worry and I strongly suggest don't drive the car unless this leak is sorted (as it's more than AC condensation). This could easily result in a blown head gasket and destroy the engine within 5 min if the radiator is fully empty.
  12. OMG, I didn't realize another Friday early morning drive to kill my Thursday evening. 😭
  13. Well done @skumar83 for sharing nice write-up, hope everyone reads it than just saying oh I was busy 😉 Welcome all newbies, I'm sure coming Friday you will see the desert with a different and nice view if you have never ventured in the desert before. Looking forward to seeing you all.
  14. Yeah right, it is a show-off gadget but sometimes use to save your life, just sometimes....😁
  15. Hello guys, now I know why you bloody all offroaders don't respond on radio messages instantly....!
  16. No, No, No, Pajero doesn't go wonky without the cat, neither throw check engine light nor affect the fuel consumption and instead BUMP the car performance and roaring noise than a weak V6 noise. I am running straight 3" pipe since 5 years and love the highway drone and also little doof doof noise. I strongly suspect what shadow79 said, as in my 1999 Pajero passenger side footwell has a hole opening into the firewall that brings engine roaring and road noise inside the cabin. Stick a small soundproof or heatproof sheet there and job done - noise reduced by 50% at least. @Frederic Nuyttens can confirm if the same solution worked for him or not, as I haven't heard his feedback yet. You need to check the missing duct or hole opening from inside the cabin and not from the engine bay. You will surely find one on the front Passenger side, but what is warming the driver side is a mystery. Maybe I should drive my Pajero without shoes and without AC to really feel how warm that footwell gets. Just a thought, check if your AC cooling knob is turned to red (heat side) as it will be circulating the heater water irrespective of a blower is on or not.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use