-
5.0 Stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 628 Google Reviews
-
Posts
2,545 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
90 -
Country
United Arab Emirates -
Carnity Points
7,208 [ Donate ]
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Advice
Complete Onboarding & Agree to Club Rules & Guidelines
Marketplace
STORE
Events
Gallery
Blogs
Everything posted by Ale Vallecchi
-
Foxtrot Oscar has been promoted to fewbie level
Ale Vallecchi replied to Gaurav's topic in Off-Road Club's Announcements
Extremely deserved @Foxtrot Oscar -
Vanessa8580 has been promoted to Intermediate level
Ale Vallecchi replied to Gaurav's topic in Off-Road Club's Announcements
Girl Power is rising!! Go @Vanessa8580 Go -
@Najeeb Mohammed if you used 4H-2 that's plenty of power and momentum for that dune. Then it's just a matter of approach. Don't worry, you'll perfect your trajectories with each drive.
- 45 replies
-
- 3
-
-
-
- pink rock
- carnity offroad club
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
@Najeeb Mohammed As you also drive an FJ I can try to offer you my view, as it was watching you from a bit far away. First question is what gear were you driving to go up the dune in the play area? With shifty sand, and a few ruts (you were going 4th or 5th) you probably needed more momentum, using perhaps a lower gear than 4H-4. Did you try a lower gear? Also, as @Emmanuel mentioned on your second attempt, it was important that you approached the ridge where you had problems from a higher point. The FJ has power, but it's still quite long, and if you climb from a low point, the rear will tend to be dragged down on the incline (especially if the momentum is not enough). Your car is lifted (if I remember well) so the issue was not clearance over the ridge. You will have time in the next drives to get more acquainted with each gear you can use in 4H, based on the different terrains and angles (all the way to the lowest 1 gear, very handy in steep climbs of tall dunes, where you need power and control), and see how the car and yourself feel when taking a bit higher approaches. Side sloping is a good time to practice these skills, so try to use these opportunities, while always having the possibility of going down the slope safely, as soon as you feel the gravity is pulling the back of the car, or the momentum is no longer enough.
- 45 replies
-
- 4
-
-
-
- pink rock
- carnity offroad club
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
You did great. Always in control, always ready to react. Even with the big car. Perfect drive✌
- 45 replies
-
- 8
-
-
-
-
-
- pink rock
- carnity offroad club
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Ale Vallecchi has been promoted to Advance level
Ale Vallecchi replied to Gaurav's topic in Off-Road Club's Announcements
Thanks Xaf. I really appreciate your comment. You're too kind. Yes, the FJ is stock. And I did have a problem once with my front right shock, so that's why I try to take it easy, especially on bumpy patches. I figured that before I put some money in the car (and will for sure, at least for the shocks) I ought to learn how to drive it. Plus I enjoy my drives so much that sometimes i prefer to relax and look at the dunes, before attacking them 😊. I guess I like to show them my respect. But as you said, driving styles should be different and yet compatible, so that everybody can learn from each other, as we have together in the last few months. Thanks again, and congrats to you as well. Your love for flying shows also in the desert ✌ -
Garbage Collection Drive
Ale Vallecchi replied to Denizzalbayrak's topic in Off-Road Club's Discussions
Rahim Bhai you are totally right. You should have seen the amount of debris sticking out of the sand at Iftar Bowl and Super Bowl, even weeks after people had been there. Perhaps all we need is to always bring a plastic bag in each car, and collect whatever we find on the way. Unfortunatelly I am sure that even if we went to Iftar Bowl now, in the next couple of weeks garbage would be everywhere, again. -
I had a special mount installed. No direct experience with suction mounts, but I have seen most of them hold well enough.
-
Anish S has been promoted to fewbie level
Ale Vallecchi replied to Gaurav's topic in Off-Road Club's Announcements
Well done @Anish S. Enjoy the new challenges and opportunities. -
Nacho has been promoted to fewbie level
Ale Vallecchi replied to Gaurav's topic in Off-Road Club's Announcements
Hala Nacho !! Way to go. -
Matti Brockman has been promoted to fewbie level
Ale Vallecchi replied to Gaurav's topic in Off-Road Club's Announcements
Congrats @Matti Brockman. See you soon out there. -
Najeeb Mohammed has been promoted to fewbie level
Ale Vallecchi replied to Gaurav's topic in Off-Road Club's Announcements
Good to see you move up and face new champagne. Well done @Najeeb Mohammed -
Jolly Abraham has been promoted to fewbie level
Ale Vallecchi replied to Gaurav's topic in Off-Road Club's Announcements
Bravo @Jolly Abraham !! -
Asifk has been promoted to fewbie level
Ale Vallecchi replied to Gaurav's topic in Off-Road Club's Announcements
Well done @asifk 👏👏👏 -
Ale Vallecchi has been promoted to Advance level
Ale Vallecchi replied to Gaurav's topic in Off-Road Club's Announcements
Thanks Fred. You made me discover some truly beautiful parts of these deserts. Look forward to our next drives. -
Ale Vallecchi has been promoted to Advance level
Ale Vallecchi replied to Gaurav's topic in Off-Road Club's Announcements
Thanks Richard. As I said, driving with you guys has been a blessing. BTW enjoy your deserved days off Thanks Marjan. Your poise and control have been an inspiration for me. Have a great Eid break. -
Xaf has been promoted to Advance level
Ale Vallecchi replied to Gaurav's topic in Off-Road Club's Announcements
Way to go Xaf !! Looking forward to our weekday's escapades, and many more weekend drives. -
Ale Vallecchi has been promoted to Advance level
Ale Vallecchi replied to Gaurav's topic in Off-Road Club's Announcements
Thanks Shamil. Looking forward to see you out there with your new FJ 😅 Merci Emmanuel. 🙏 -
Ale Vallecchi has been promoted to Advance level
Ale Vallecchi replied to Gaurav's topic in Off-Road Club's Announcements
Thanks @Gaurav, for the constant leadership, and thanks to the whole Carmity team, particularly the Marshals @Rahimdad for introducing me to the Club and inspiring me to pursue desert offroading, @Srikumar for my baptism as an absolute newbie (that first experience is what makes you come back), @Frederic for his constant and invaluable technical advice, and @Emmanuelfor testing me severely with my first unforgettable Fewbie drive (since that drive my girlfriend has preferred to stay home 😅). I also wish to thank some of the guys (and girl) with whom I have been sharing a similar off-roading growing path: @Xaf, @Shamil, @Wrangeld, @Jeepie, @Javier M and @Brette driving with you has both helped and challenged me to learn from each of your individual set of skills, allowing me to adapt and improve my own style. I cannot mention the whole community here, but surely I am grateful to all those with whom I have been driving: every time we go out, at any level of off-roading, it's a very valuable learning experience. I have grown to appreciate this unique community of people (off-roaders is just a small part of what all of us are), which I believe is unique in the UAE for its warmth and sense of collectivity. The way for all of us is forward, and I am happy to be heading forward with all of you.- 32 replies
-
- 16
-
-
-
-
-
-
Speedex is a good place to buy several items (kinetic rope, soft shakes, deflators, pressure gauges, shovel and flag). You may find the same at Ace, but perhaps more expensive. For compressor, radio and pneumatic jacks Dragon Mart.
-
Thank you all for the drive. Well done, for being the first time out after such a long break. Thanks Fred for the lead and for taking us to see such beautiful sunset view. See you soon on the hot sand.
-
Sorry for my late reply. I have been online mostly for work and less for pleasure (rare commodity these days). The drive last Saturday was thrilling, and extremely satisfactory. I had been wandering " how the heck do they know where they are going?", and now I know....just a little better. Surely the use of an App helps a lot, and must be mastered, to plan a smooth and safe path, in an apparently seamless way. Having the responsibility of leading people in a safe manner, while having fun, is surely huge, and requires great concentration. I am looking forward to more of these drives, where our knowledge of our cars, and completecset of skills will get tested. Thanks a lot for the great day.
-
Hi Gaurav. Please let me know if you have a spot for me opens up. Thanks.
- 18 replies
-
- 2
-
-
- faqa desert
- fewbie drive
-
(and 4 more)
Tagged with:
-
Thanks everybody for the fun and smooth drive, in very diverse terrains, with mounting challenges (surely we all learned more about our driving styles, and potential). Just one pic from me, but one that I enjoyed a lot taking. See you soon for another beautiful drive.
