Jump to content

Mark B

Full Access
  • Posts

    547
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    9
  • Country

    United Arab Emirates
  • Carnity Points

    202 [ Donate ]

Everything posted by Mark B

  1. Yeah definitely best place to start! First thing I did after a dead pedal lol great tires and love the white text! 😎 should go for an old skool look! Would be super slick with your setup Like this would be bad ass 😃😃
  2. Nice! Geolanders are highly rated! Nearly went for them myself when I got my tires! What size are the 285?
  3. Couldn’t have put if better myself! I’ve modified my gladiator quite a bit and every single modification I’ve done with my own hands which makes me love it even more! my little sport will run rings around most stock jeeps (driver does make a difference tho 😂) I made the mistake of getting a lift from factory at the price of 10k on the vehicle and have replaced every bit of it since and that’s in 18 months as it’s not great on or made for sand. As for car play etc, that comes on all jeeps now, and the 2024 has an even better set up. but ultimately have a think about what you want, what you want it to look like drive like and then go from there. I didn’t!! So have changed my wheels, bumper, shocks, springs, control arms etc TWICE! So it’s worth forward thinking, I bought the jeep with no intention to modify but it’s addictive 😬😬 but ultimately don’t listen to anyone, you do you, you have to live with the decision and go with your gut on what’s right for you good luck and look forward to seeing what you get on the sand 😊
  4. There are quite a few on here and im Are they are happy, go with what you like 👍🏻
  5. I’m talking about both, transfer case ration is 4.1 on rubicon and 2,72 on sport and sand runner
  6. Rubicon and sand runner are both 4.10 ration, but low range is 2.72 for sand runner and 4.1 for rubicon, be sure to check with your dealer even buying a sport or Sahara, as in the US they come with 3.73 for sport and 3.45 for Sahara both 2.72 low range where here they tend to use 4.1 for low range for some reason even tho is crap on sand. It is a different transfer case, command trac or selec trac, there are opinions which is better but command is what the sand runner uses. rubicon is as it says on the tin, rubicon is a rock trail in the US and which is what they are made for and are very good at! have a think about if your going to want bigger tires etc, bigger tires equals higher gear ratio well lower but higher numerically lol
  7. I wrote a long reply to this but it didn’t post 🤦🏻‍♂️ anyways long story short, sand runner needs a lift and bigger tires it’s too low. Magnuson is great and I really thought about it but scared it will blow the engine! I might save up for a Hemi swap tho 😬 was thinking, back to the original question I’ve never driven one but a patrol safari might be best of both 🤷🏻‍♂️
  8. I daily drive my gladiator and love it, and it’s set up for desert driving, but yeah a daily and an off roader is great! Although if I was spending 300+ now I might go for a 700 HP TRX 😎 but that’s just me! I would be mindful if you plan to modify the jeep, it’s expensive and addictive lol so might eat in to that budget in my opinion a rubicon is not worth it for desert driving, sway bar disconnect you will never use and lockers hardly ever, I don’t have lockers and have never needed them! if your going top of the line jeep get a sand runner! It’s built for sand and is high spec
  9. Sorry Davie, I removed myself earlier as I have to work tomorrow now! Typical it would have been fun to be the sweep! ☹️
  10. Thanks for the drive today Looper, technical in LWB is always fun lol, was a good mix today few fast bits and pretty much smooth sailing! the wind at the end was making visibility extreme at the end. Great drive Thanks and hope to see you on the next one
  11. Moring here but my sat nav is not finding the spot, can you call me 0528763370
  12. Fantastic! Well done mate, I don’t think anyone could deserve this more, you show pure dedication and have the skill set to make a great support member and one day lead! Congratulations mate and as always looking look forward to seeing you on the sand! All the best of luck Benjimin.
  13. Thanks for this and yes you’re right, the tire shops here do a shocking job! Had new wheels put on few weeks back and the balancing weights were over lapping 🤦🏻‍♂️ had them changed, then first week out in the dunes weights came off shoddy work is a big issue!
  14. That sounds like a good option, just somewhere between, but if still on service contract, one is free and one is paid so it’s not too bad Why no wheel rotation, just curious?
  15. You should be servicing every 5k really, it’s not just filters but the oil, trading enterprises will even tell you to do it every 5k if you go in with a off road looking jeep lol
  16. Great drive today! Everyone drove pretty perfectly! Nice fast pace which was great, thanks Looper for an amazing drive! I lost some balance weights so had my bones shaken all the way home lol see you all on the next one 😎😎
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use