-
5.0 Stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 628 Google Reviews
-
Posts
610 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
5 -
Country
Ireland -
Carnity Points
184 [ Donate ]
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Advice
Complete Onboarding & Agree to Club Rules & Guidelines
Marketplace
STORE
Events
Gallery
Blogs
Everything posted by Benje_Junior
-
@Abhishek Chikara Jeep's handle relatively funny when it comes to climbing especially in different dune environments. The first thing that could be contributing to this rev limiter doing that would potentially be traction control or electronic stability control (more likely) kicking in when you begin to climb. So, when you're in 4H make sure to press and hold the traction control button for 10 seconds shortly after you'll get a charm sound which means TC and ETC are both off (in my early days this was contributing a lot to my issues in climbs I was just turning off TC) Now if you have already done that and your engine is still limiting your revs try using Tiptronic manual on all the large climbs you'll want to be in 1st gear until 5000 rpms change to second (remember to let off the throttle anytime you change gears, it makes a large difference when you lay back down on the power) once you begin to drop in second gear switch back to first repeating the same foot-work. (Sometimes in the jeeps the gear change acts a little off if you just lay on the accelerator my take is some software preventing throttle within the change of gears but I'm unsure) If you're still facing the same problem, there are two things you can do. Either you're in 4H auto and the computer is learning this more aggressive driving style (high likelihood) so more drives = computer adapts better to your command in the future. or you can try using 4H part-time. (FYI 4 auto is 4 wheels turning based on computer processing where to send the power 4 part-time is 4 wheels spinning all the time) my recommendation is to stay in 4H auto though. Overall, I've faced your issue before, and I think you can eliminate that rev cut by using both tiptronic gears and correct foot-work into your climbs to maximize momentum and rev issues. on a side-note practice on flat-ground to figure out which RPM and gear gives you the most initial torque that will also make a world of a difference by changing your gears within the right RPM threshold. Keep an eye on coolant temp 110 degrees is overheating
-
Welcome @Santosalvia to carnity! hope to see you soon. A massive adventure awaits!
-
RiadJL has been promoted to Fewbie Plus level
Benje_Junior replied to Gaurav's topic in Off-Road Club's Announcements
Congrats @RiadJL well deserved mate! Enjoy the new pace -
Suspension setting for the sand in different driving scenarios
Benje_Junior replied to Marek's topic in Advices
@Marek from my personal experience it’s purely based on preference. My adjustable shocks are very straight forward and just adjust stiffness, whereas depending on the type you go for, may have more settings and different knobs that slightly change your experience + handling. based on trial and error I tackle my stiffness settings purely on the environment however doesn't change much. For reference my shocks have got 20 stiffness settings. For rear (as per long base) I usually adjust these to 15 or 17 (these minor adjustments vary on level of drive + weight in the rear or if there was rain the previous day ‘I would decrease’, so with gear and passengers I may go as high as 18 in optimal weather conditions) for the front shocks I don’t change the number variable much and I’ve personally found 13-15 is the sweet spot. keep in mind changing your shock stiffness will massively affect your on road handling and most importantly your offroad handling I highlight this because your vehicle will also experience a slightly different weight transfer which could be uncomfortable at first, or may even influence loss of control. my final point would be avoid maxing your shocks straight away keep them around a medium setting until you get comfortable, experiment and when something doesn't work out try a different setting again. If you do however max your shocks remember while your shocks are absorbing more energy they may be even putting more wear and tear on other components. (I’ve set my shocks too high before and instead of absorbing the energy the shocks felt solid sending energy throughout the body) -
Zak_ has been promoted to Fewbie Plus level
Benje_Junior replied to Gaurav's topic in Off-Road Club's Announcements
Congrats @Zak_ new challenge ahead enjoy 💪💪 -
Nithish468 has been promoted to Fewbie Plus level
Benje_Junior replied to Gaurav's topic in Off-Road Club's Announcements
Congrats @nithish468 enjoy the new challenge! -
J-P L has been promoted to Fewbie level
Benje_Junior replied to Gaurav's topic in Off-Road Club's Announcements
Congrats @J-P L enjoy the new level and challenge 💪 -
Luke K P has been promoted to Intermediate level
Benje_Junior replied to Gaurav's topic in Off-Road Club's Announcements
Congrats @Luke K P well deserved mate enjoy the new level -
Thanks everyone for the amazing morning drive! @Davie Chase always a pleasure to join in on your drives today I had a pleasant and quiet drive as junior supervisor 😉 I’ll look forward to the next one with you mate. Didn’t need to talk much so I could enjoy each and every dune. @Gary F and @Mark B Amazing support guys both of you are becoming great support members 💪 meaning I didn’t have to worry about a single refusal as you had it covered. @Giacomo amazing driving mate absolutely no complaints from me keep up the great work 💪💪 I was watching closely behind with each dune you tackled @Jon L I saw the dedication you had to learn your car which is amazing to see. You took all feedback positively and more importantly incorporated it into your driving style. Good job mate keep up the great work💪💪 @J-P L from reading everyone’s comments you drove amazingly! Definitely seeing improvement with your driving style tailored to your car Jimny power 💪💪
-
IMG_0046.jpg
Benje_Junior commented on Rafey Hashmi's gallery image in Newbie – Tawi Nizwa- Sharjah - 15 Jun 2024
-
Thanks @Davie Chase fantastic drive as always, really enjoyed our pace. Hope to support some more of your drives soon. @Looper sorry you couldn’t make it mate always next week though; I hope you managed to sort out that issue with your electronics @Mahesh_ fantastic driving mate, I was keeping a close eye on my rear view mirror. And was very happy seeing you tackle all the obstacles at a much faster pace as you got more comfortable @Gertjan always great seeing you and catching up mate @Rk ram didn’t hear any issues so that’s always a great thing! Fantastic driving for a first intermediate too @Ishak@Batuhan Kulac@Charbel great driving guys always great seeing everyone. @Senthil Kumar also great meeting up again mate. Thanks for the help with support
-
Nicolò has been promoted to Fewbie level
Benje_Junior replied to Gaurav's topic in Off-Road Club's Announcements
Congrats @Nicolò enjoy the new level -
Rk ram has been promoted to Intermediate level
Benje_Junior replied to Gaurav's topic in Off-Road Club's Announcements
Congrats @Rk ram well deserved promotion enjoy the challenge of int! -
Matt - monkeywrench has been promoted to Fewbie level
Benje_Junior replied to Gaurav's topic in Off-Road Club's Announcements
Congrats @Matt - monkeywrench looking forward to seeing you up in fewbie 💪 -
IMG_2238.jpeg
Benje_Junior commented on Davie Smooth_Operator's gallery image in Fewbie - Fayah - Abu Dhabi - 25 May 2024
-
IMG_3289.jpeg
Benje_Junior posted a gallery image in Fewbie - Lisali/Murquab/Qudra - Dubai - 04 May 2024
-
IMG_3290.jpeg
Benje_Junior posted a gallery image in Fewbie - Lisali/Murquab/Qudra - Dubai - 04 May 2024
