How to Deflate your Tyres

Frederic

On 2/10/2021 at 12:14 AM, Ilya said:

Installed these Fast Deflation tire vales - absolutely love it. In Formula Tires got them at 550AED with the installation

Deflating the tire in 15 sec (I normally do 2 meausures to catch the correct pressure, but in any case it takes another 5 sec per tire)

Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 00.09.14.png

Hi @Davie Chase, are these the ones you have installed? Are they still your favorite deflation method? Are yours the Apex brand and can you recommend the place you had yours installed?

Hi @Looper, are yours the Apex brand? I read your more recent posts after Ilya's post and wonder if you overall still feel these are worth it.

Any other recommendations on this point would be appreciated. 

Thanks

@Emanuel yes still my favorite method although you do have to be careful and make sure they seat correctly. 
I had mine done at Artic trucks and Offroad zone before that, as I have changed them one time and will again before the season gets underway around October time (just my preference to change for new) 

• Thanks (+1) 1

On 6/17/2024 at 4:48 PM, Davie Chase said:

@Emanuel yes still my favorite method although you do have to be careful and make sure they seat correctly. 
I had mine done at Artic trucks and Offroad zone before that, as I have changed them one time and will again before the season gets underway around October time (just my preference to change for new) 

Thanks @Davie Chase. Do you have these with tire pressure sensors and a monitoring system?

• Like (+1) 2

Thanks @Davie Chase. I'll give the stem removal tool a try first. The only con I can think of besides losing a stem or two (I have spares) is that the stem seat might lower over time making inflating problematic.

@Emanuel I can recommend the Apex RCVs:

image.png.c1aa83f21b4e8b13bf637dff3a35b1bd.png

Not as fast as the other Apex valves but does the trick and you don't need to take off the tire to install - just screws onto existing valve. Takes about a minute to deflate from 35psi to 15psi per tire. If you do it the right way (open the valves one after the other) you can be deflated in all 4 tires in under 3 mins . Available on Amazon and install is easy - you can do it yourself

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use